Lowest prices for your stay
US$73
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$73
eDreamsUS$73
TravelocityUS$73
All reviews aztec hotel night's sleep would stay again lovely room corridor midnight
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Check in was pleasant enough. You need to go to the Aztec Hotel opposite. The chap behind the reception desk was friendly and welcome, but not overly informative about where to eat or whether or not we could get breakfast or not.

We chose the lodge due to the location to the M5. For £129 room only for the night, it was not worth it.

The room itself was nice and clean, the fold out sofa bed however very creaky. Everytime a child moved it woke everyone up. During the night it was so hot in the room, even with the window open there was no air flow in the room. The bed felt like it was made of paper. Overall we had a very uncomfortable night.

Because check in is in the other hotel across the road there was no one present in this building, security was non existent. There were a few loud inconsiderate families slamming doors and shouting in the corridor at midnight.

Probably wouldn't stay here again. I'd recommend staying here if you have a dog. There seems to be some thoughtful amenities for the four legged guests. As for us, it really wasn't that re charging of a stay we would have liked.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank taitai_traveller
Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

Nice family room and very clean. Check in was let down by Starbucks worker on reception. She was civil enough but lacked the usual enthusiasm when you check in. There is a sign that says ask for the price of the spa so I asked and she didn’t know and if I hadn’t asked her to find out she would’ve just left if there. Surprising she didn’t want the extra business for the sister hotel. Gave us key card and didn’t tell me what room we were in and where to go or what facilities were on site.
Nice Starbucks cafe and the black sheep food and drink next door. Hotel is clean and we slept soundly.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Ellahstruts2004
AztecHotel_Manager, Manager at Lodge at Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

Dear Ella,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback about your stay. I will share your comments with the team and we will use them to keep working hard on delivering consistently good experiences for all our guests. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Aztec Hotel Bristol

Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

I stayed here after my work Christmas party at The Aztec for the price of £69 for 1 night. My room was beautifully decorated, modern, clean and the bed was so comfy. As I didn’t check in until late, I was able to do so at The Aztec Hotel just opposite, this was no problem. I had a breakfast voucher included which I could spend at Starbucks next door which was great.
I left my work phone in the room and didn’t realise until I arrived back home in Shropshire, I called the hotel and they located it and swiftly returned it to me via recorded post, I received it the next day - I’m so grateful. I will certainly stay here again next time I’m in Bristol for work :)

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank dnclvy
AztecHotel_Manager, Manager at Lodge at Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2019

Dear Demi clavey

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We realise how frustrating it can be when you lave things in your room (especially a phone) so we are always happy to help.

Kind Regards

Aztec hotel Bristol

Reviewed 29 October 2019

I just needed a room to sleep in close to the M5 - not fussed about availability of food. Initial impressions were good and there was a lot I liked about your hotel BUT there were two big issues which made the whole experience unpleasant. Firstly was the detritus scattered around the carpet (discarded Jaffa cake by the door, packet wrapper by the TV and glitter near the window). I'm not a cleanliness freak but I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off in the room. (This issue was suitably resolved on the Sunday morning when I asked one of the cleaners to hoover the room - upon my return that evening the room was very clean and tidy.) The second issue was the provision of the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever experienced! Due to an allergy I requested that the you provide no feather bedding and I'm delighted to say you met this requirement. (Amazingly I have experienced several hotels who have failed to do so.) BUT, the foam pillows you provided were just plain cheap and NASTY! They compacted into blocks of concrete once I laid my head upon them. Eventually I discarded them and used a pile of my clothes to act as a head rest. Please please dispose of these disgusting items! Just because people don't want feather pillows doesn't mean they should have to endure these instruments of torture! Real shame because I loved the spacious room, the comfortable easy chair and the powerful shower!

Room tip: Rooms facing the car park get noise from the hotel opposite - they hold functions there until the early hours.
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank robbo511
AztecHotel_Manager, Manager at Lodge at Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Dear Robbo511

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us and I am sorry to read that it wasn’t the most positive one.
Whilst I wish you had a better experience, we will use your comments to improve and ensure we deliver exceptional service for all future guests.
I have also replied to your feedback direct to the hotel on line survey.

Best Wishes
James

Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

This hotel could be amazing however there’s a few things that let it down.
The bed is awful. It squeaks whenever you move and is extremely small.
The carpet doesn’t look clean, I wouldn’t let my baby play on the floor and I wouldn’t walk around bare footed.
Staff/cleaners around the hotel were never happy, always on their phone moaning.
Starbucks next door promotes long open hours however after 5pm don’t expect to eat in or anything hot as they turn the ovens off.

The pros; the window opens in the room.
The shower is by far the best part of the room! Great sized TV. Plus facilities within the room, iron, small ironing board, fan.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but not my first choice. Sister hotel across the road looks amazing by the way!

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank jolmea
AztecHotel_Manager, General Manager at Lodge at Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

I can assure you I will certainly be investigating your comments regarding your stay in the hotel.

I am however pleased to see that you thought the shower was good and liked the facilities provided in the room.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Best wishes