All reviewsexecutive roomwould stay againbuffet stylecouldn't faultbar and restaurantgarden suitelakeside shopping centrethurrockmel
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Good position this hotel however it lets itself down with tired rooms.
Whoever decided on the lights in the room we had clearly likes low dim.
Although they spent on silly chandelier lights in the bathroom.
Breakfast was ok but the staff seemed to want us out asap to clear up.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Stayed for 2 nights. Staff were very friendly and helpful, although did wait for 10 minutes to get served in the bar as barman had gone off to do something else. Room was basic but clean. Did not like the evidence that possible drug abuse had been going on at the rear of the hotel, (30+ small gas canisters lying around). Should have security.
Not good value for money.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank June C
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Pros:
*Vending machine was well stocked with goodies!
*Fair size room
*Close to motorway and Lakeside shopping centre
*Cosy, inviting reception area.
*Good Parking on site
*Staff we're friendly just couldn't do much to help us

Cons:
* No lift i could find. Top floor stair are brutal on legs in unprepared and making a lot of trips or have children
*Super creaky floors and thin walls
*Windows need replacing as rubber has gone so you can hear all outside and feels like windows are open for most part although shut
*Due to windows Being no good we couldn't sleep as they had functions both nights and we could hear every word to every song, which ruined our trip, we paid for 2 rooms as have 3 children and was far to expensive for stay we had! Wish we had warning of events as could of prepared.

Conclusion: I wish i could say there was enough to make me stay here again, but it was so much with sleep deprivation we nearly left second night. I'd enquire about functions during your stay and room location if you do stay here.

Room Tip: I'd request a room far from event hall/s and lower floors
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jemariella
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed her for the weekend as we wanted to do the whole Lakeside shopping experience, and the location was perfect. The hotel was clean, staff were very pleasant and our room was a good size.
We were located on the very top floor, in the roof, 4 lots of stairs later and jelly legs to boot, we found it. Although the view was fantastic, the room was the coldest I have ever stayed in! We blocked the door with towels, and had the radiator on full but couldn’t make it warm. The bathroom floor was too cold to stand on in bare feet and it was too cold to shower! There just seemed to be a constant drought coming through the door and blowing through the room. We did tell reception when we checked out and were instantly offered a complimentary breakfast but it did take me a few days to feel warm again.

Saying all that I would probably stay here again, and ask for a room on lower floors. The location was perfect for our trip and the staff were lovely.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

The Thurrock Hotel was was where I decided to host my Sweet 16th Birthday Party and it was a lovely night! I was very pleased with the staff during the party as they not only helped tidy up but also created a lovely atmosphere where my guest could enjoy. I'd like to thank The Thurrock Hotel for a lovely night...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
ThurrockGM, General Manager at Thurrock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review The Thurrock Hotel.