“A little Somerset gem with incredible food”
Review of The Holy Cow.

The Holy Cow.
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Radstock
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I went here with my friend and niece (1 1/2 years) and we had a lovely lunch. The staff were very attentive with my niece and made sure she had a high chair. We ordered coffees which were very good and the goats cheese and hallumi salad. Both salads were incredibly tasty and a great size. The decor is very stylish, warm and relaxed and is set in some beautiful surroundings. We will definitely be coming back to try some of the delicious looking cakes!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely coffee shop with a range of different foods available, from massive burgers to fresh salads and soups. There are so many more things, check the menu. It. And get rather busy, due to the lunchtimes with the companies around the cafe but there was plenty of seating and seating outside as well! Lush, really enjoyed it! :)

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Only reason not to give 5 stars to this fantastic cafe was the extremely long wait for the breakfast. Plus the fact that I was charged for a second coffee (around £2.50) which I wouldn't have had if the breakfast had turned up more quickly! (UK has imported many good and bad things from the USA - what about free coffee refills?). Breakfast was very good when it arrived, and service was friendly, and of course I didn't notice how pretty the girls were behind the counter! Outside, behind the cafe, green lawns running up to a chocolate box farmhouse, next door to a large church. Amazing setting. Almost inclined to go the full 5 stars just for that!!

scarletsavanna, Owner at The Holy Cow., responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're very glad that you enjoyed your breakfast once it arrived, unfortunately when we are very busy in the cafe breakfasts can take a little longer than we would like due to limited grill space for cooking. I definitely agree with you about paying for another coffee due to the wait, we are looking into changing this and offering a free coffee for those who have already purchased a breakfast and hot drink and particularly for those customers who may have had to wait a while for food. We are situated in a beautiful part of the country and are very lucky to see these views everyday! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I go to the Holy Cow regularly and always enjoy my visit. My only criticisms are the time it takes to get your coffee and food and at breakfast time with all the fried food you do leave smelling like a greasy spoon. However I will continue to return because it is such a friendly and helpful place. I visited this week with two vegans and emailed ahead to ensure there was something for them to eat. They couldn't have been more helpful offering three options as well as the usual jacket potatoes. They even rang again before our visit to ensure there was nothing else we needed preparing. The choice of salad served with the meal was delicious and a little bit different than the usual side salad of lettuce and cucumber. The vegans thoroughly enjoyed their lunch.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Pleasant little cafe, a bit cramped but nice tasty burgers, sandwiches and cakes top notch iced coffee Friendly helpful staff