“Anniversary treat”

Branches Restaurant, Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Ponteland
Price range: US$3 - US$33
Description: Branches Restaurant has become one of the most talked about places to eat since opening in April 2016. With its elegant, classy, intimate dinning space and large windows allowing the natural light to showcase our main, breath taking features " The Blossom trees" Our culinary team have created seasonally inspired menus based loosely on classical and regional modern British cuisine. Using fresh, local produce our chefs aim to create, good, honest mouth-watering dishes. All of which make this a sought after dining experience and the place to go to impress, celebrate a special occasion or just have a great time with friends and family.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Having been recommended this restaurant-we had an early dinner on a Wednesday night-so it was quiet, which we didn't mind, it was still a lovely evening. We had the 5 course tasting menu, granted one of the courses was bread, and the palate cleanser was very small, but perfectly formed. The choices were varied, something for everyone. everything we had was tasty and very well presented-each element tasted fresh and well cooked. We were treated to a 'Happy Anniversary' plate of chocolate and fudge, a nice little touch. They also have a very interesting menu of 'Long Drinks' - tasty, and served in nice glass wear too. Will definitely be back, special occasion or not.

Branches R, Manager at Branches Restaurant, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hi APFromCramlington

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your Anniversary meal at Branches and that you opted for our very popular 5 course tasting menu.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have had the pleasure of dining at Branches twice in the last 2 weeks. The first time my husband and I were doing shopping on a Sunday and thought we would call in on the off chance of being able to eat there are 3.30pm. The restaurant was busy but that did not stop the service from being attentive and quick. The food was delicious. As a result I decided to go back the following Wednesday and booked for my friend and I. It was her birthdat treat. We went for the 5 course meat priced at £19.99. I had mentioned that it was my friend's birthday when I booked. Once again the food was delectable, full of flavour, presented beautifully. There was great banter with the staff. The chef came out with a plate on which was written Happy Birthday in chocolate with a piece of fudge and chocolate sprinkles. Following that we were given a complimentary sweet along with some dry ice which bubbles at our table. It was quite spectacular. Congratulations to the staff and chef at Branches.

I am returning with my family again this Sunday!!

1  Thank Haydom

Hi Haydom

Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased to read you have enjoyed both visits to Branches and the food was to your taste.

I hope you had a lovely time on Sunday with your family.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Visited over the weekend with a party to celebrate a special occasion. Have visited before and enjoyed the experience. Not so special this time.

Hi Cath C

Your feedback is very important to us. I am pleased to read you have enjoyed dining at Branches before, but would like to find out how we could have improved on your most recent visit.

If you could contact me directly on info@branchesrestaurant.co.uk i would be delighted to discuss further.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Went there with my partner and two other couples. Atmosphere and comfort. Service was great. Food was sublime. I had tomato and feta starter. Superb. Then had Aberdeen Angus flatiron steak. It was perfection. The presentation and accompanying vegetables were manificent. Then the lime cheesecake wow. Cannot fault the place. Will be going again for sure.

Hi Andy F

Thank you for your review. Your feedback means a lot to us.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to Branches.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here for a date night, and what an excellent choice it was. The restaurant looks amazing, very clean and tidy. Service is great and the staff are very attentive, they do know there stuff! Cocktails are a treat o would recommend the passion fruit crush! Now the food, we started with two specials, a mushrooms on toast with a crispy pouched egg and the chicken parfait both amazing, we had an intermediate course which was some sort of moose with caramelised onions and crispy leeks. Very different but very nice. I would highly recommend both of the main courses, the pork belly and the lamb! Hand cut home made chips are very nice as well! If you're a cheese lover get the. Cheese board it's simply amazing if not go for the tuti fruti tart. After coffee and a few after dinner cocktails we had a surprise course which was almost like an orange trifle. Very Nice! we will defiantly be back!

Hi Scott D

Thank you for your review of Branches. I am pleased to read that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your evening with us.