“Special occasion spoilt”
Review of Mambos

Mambos
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Ponteland
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Mid June we booked a table for a special occasion namely for the 4th July. We arrived and were seated however we were presented with the Sunday (pub meal) menu. We request the al la cart menu to be informed that this was not available. We were unhappy as nowhere on the website does it indicated that this was the case. We requested the manager who was holding a private conversation on the neighbouring table which was obviously more important than a work issue. We decided to leave as I was extremely annoyed at this and the attitude. As we were leaving the waiter came and said he had spoken to the chef who has agreed to serve us the al la cart menu. So we again sat down. At this point the manager came over and stated he was not going to serve al la cart however if we came back in 3 hours we would be able to order al la cart, and further he stated it was up to us to ask if the al la cart was available on Sunday. He also stated the website states a Sunday menu is served and we could accept it or leave, so we left. On return home later I accessed the webpage and nowhere was it indicated a Sunday menu was served so the manager had blatantly lied to us. I called a sister branch to establish the head office details and Gareth said he would take my complaint to pass it on to the general manager who would call me back - a week later I am still awaiting that call. I left Gareth a further message the following day, he called me back and said they were still looking into this and he will call me next day (Tuesday) which did not happen. Management lead by example and they could not be bothered resolving this spoilt special occasion hence my low rating and never to return.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (105)

Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Food was amazing, venue was beautiful and the drinks were great but it isn’t very family friendly so I wouldn’t recommend going here if you have small children.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 2 June 2021

Had a family lunch here, and have to say all the COVID measures were great, and staff all wearing masks.
The main point of the review however is the food, and it was a mixed bag.

The garlic bread was delicious - like a middle eastern flatbread - really great.
The calamari and pinchos however were just so-so.
The salmon was really well cooked - good effort.
However the calzone polpette was bland and tasteless. Such a shame.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 25 May 2021

We have been having regular takeaways during lockdown, and all have been fabulous. Beautiful fillet steaks, with Diane sauce, pepper sauce and blue cheese and pancetta, all delicious. The sides are also lovely, especially the tempura vegetables.
Also had pizzas, burgers and chicken dishes, all the same great quality.
Order no O0183329

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 14 May 2021

We ordered takeaway for delivery and were really impressed. The food was great quality and arrived on time and hot. Definitely recommend!
Order number O0166881