“Lovely pub, brilliant service and amazing food! ”

The Blacksmiths Arms
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Simply.... What a little gem! Defiantly worth the drive up from ramsgate. Weather was stunning today which made it even more worth while. Lovely little venue, immaculately clean, service spot on and an awesome garden with plenty of space and tables! Had a table booked for food at 1 .. sun was booming so they had no problem serving us food outside..

The pork and beef roasts are brilliant.. nice variety of fresh veg and all cooked spot on!

My dad had the anvil burger which looked awesome aswel.

Also a brilliant selection of ales.. beers . Ciders and gins!

Overall ... faultless .. especially when the Sun's out and you can enjoy their garden.

Definately will be back.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in on the way from Dover having read about the place in the Good Beer Guide. We reserved a table and we immediately felt that here was a business that looked after its customers. A friendly chap took our reservation and when we arrived we were greeted warmly and welcoming. The beer choice was excellent and my wife had the steak whilst I had the burger. Both were excellent and cooked to perfection. Will definitely be back on our next trip to Dover and beyond.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Coming from Holland, stopping over in Ashford outlet center, we needed a good meal. So on basis of tripadvisor I choose The Blacksmiths Arms. Excellent choice!
Although it was Ascension Day it was not packed at 7.30pm.

The nice waitress was incredibly helpful and friendly: a big plus!
(Thank you Morgan, and thanks for the directions to Tesco)

We wanted two burgers and fish&chips, and it was lovely food.

I would certainly come again for dinner or drinks.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I have never been disappointed with the food here. The food and the drink is reasonably priced too. I would recommend going here to eat rather than just to have a drink as I feel the drinkers side lacks atmosphere. Staff are very efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Ate Sunday luch here last weekend with family, I had roast beef which was fine, but very average. The potatoes were huge and not very crispy, I'd have cooked them for another 20 minutes, however the herby seasoning on them was really nice.