All reviews comfy bed good size nature reserve plenty of hot water lakeside
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I stopped here a few months ago whilst in the area on business, although the room was small and near a door had everything I needed, the bedding was and bathroom clean , so last week decided to stay again ! I was disappointed, the girl on reception was lovely the room was a great size and so was the bathroom, the bedding and towels clean , however the cups on the tea tray were sticky and I had to re wash one to use , the walls were very marked and dirty, the room had some sort of strange wood design in there really not sure what it was about , made the room feel unfinished, the curtains we absolutely disgusting, I couldn’t bring myself to touch them to close them ., the communal star ways were dirty , and not at all welcoming .so I’m sorry The Royal I won’t be staying here again

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Anita H
Mila J, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Anita,

We aim to provide a great stay to our guests and we will continue to do so by making the most of customer feedback, thank you for your kind comments.
I am very much concerned with the inconvenience you brought to our attention, please accept my sincere apologies for the circumstances you described. I assure you that we take your comments with all the seriousness and already acting on the point mentioned in your feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Stopped at the Royal over night with work , rooms clean and tidy , plenty of hot water , staff very helpful , excellent breakfast good price as well , would stop again , also good access to the M25 and other major roads in the area

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Bart,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with regards to your stay at our Royal Hotel. We are pleased to learn you were happy with the Hotels location. We encourage all our staff to work hard towards providing the best experience possible for each guest, so we are delighted to hear that our team members were able to make your stay more enjoyable and that you found your room comfortable.
Look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

enjoyed my stay. room recently redone, breezy. staff are kind too, the best place for drinks and food apparently (shame didnt get to try). Right on M25 too from East/South. Great location.

Good car park. Lovely views, some nice parks around.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Mila J, Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your experiance with us - all fedbacks we recieve from our guests are important to us.
We glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Royal LOL!! I came in the reception very excited for a weekend in Essex with my best friend, ended feeling uncomfortable, unwelcome and exhausted.

The blonde receptionist was unhelpful and moody, she said “they don’t offer fans” as I asked if she had one, considering it’s been 24 degrees today and it had seemed as though I’d asked for lobster and champagne. After trying to converse with the exceptionally rude receptionist, we arrived at our unclean room. It was disgusting and filthy. However, as the price was cheap and we were only using the room to rest our heads,
we decided to persevere with our stay.

At around 1:15am a aggressive knock came at our door. I didn’t answer straight away, as the man didn’t say he was from reception and demanded to be allowed in!! He knocked very loudly and aggressively. Then the rude blonde lady from reception came to the door and threatened to throw us out. She claimed to have noise complaints, however seems highly unlikely as we had been back for just 20 minutes and were both getting ready for bed and removing our make up. The awful women also insisted we were smoking, which is absolutely absurd and false statement considering when she asked when we checked if we smoked we said NO!!! When I informed the receptionist we weren’t smoking, she thought she knew better and told me if she has anymore complaints she’s going to charge my friends card for everyone else who is staying there! She said about 5 times shes been “checking CCTV”, however I’m confused at what she’s been looking at - I just feel like I’m being stalked by the bloody receptionist!!!! The way she looked at us and spoke to us I still can’t believe, the worst customer service I’ve ever endured.

Just to add-WiFi doesn’t work!

Unless you want a scary man knocking at your door in the middle of the night... avoid this hotel!!!
Awful people. Awful hotel. DONT EVEN BOTHER!!!! If anyone says the staff are friendly that is FAKE NEWS!!

However I must say - the barman was friendly and helpful!!!! Every cloud :)

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mila J, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Good morning, Alice,

Thank you for your feedback. We do value every feedback we recieve from from our guests.

Unfortunatelly we do not provide fans for the rooms but I can see you had one with you.You can request hair dryer and irons from reception.

Customers good sleep is very important to us therefore we do patrol propery to check if any noise above allowed level and could disturb our guests. We would deal with disturbance straight away. Unfortunately we are unable to deal with noise that is coming from outside hotel - it is beyound our control.

All our rooms are non-smoking. If our guests did smoke in room we reserve rights to charge £60.00 fine as advised in welcome pack in rooms as well on website.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We have used this hotel twice now once last September 2017, and April 2018 for the British superbikes at brands Hatch. This last stay was for two nights the room was a good size warm and the bed was very comfortable, we both had a good sleep. First impressions are not that great as the building looks like it needs attention, The bathroom could do with a renovation or modernisation. Put that aside, the staff were very friendly and pleasant to deal with the food was cooked just right, we had evening meals and breakfast for the two nights we stayed. Good value for your money.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mila J, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Terence,

Thank you for your feedback. We glad you decided to stay with us again and hope you did enjoy both stays with us.

We do value all feedbacks as it does help us to improve service we provide, thank you for your time to leave a feedback.

Kind regards,