All reviews wedding venue birthday lunch recommend st exclusive use beatrice room bridal suite wedding breakfast perfect venue roast beef roll top bath beautiful hotel generous portions lovely surroundings wedding reception walk in shower an evening meal business trip
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

We got married here back in June and everything was absolutely perfect. We were treated like royalty for the day and the hotel and its grounds are beautiful. Elena and Sarah were brilliant all the way through the planning and on the day, can not thank you enough. Have to make a special mention about the food, it was amazing, all our guests said so. I would definitely recommend St. Elizabeth's for a wedding or even just a night away or a meal out, definitely five stars.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I don't think I have stayed in a hotel with such large en-suites, the bathroom in our Longbrook room was big enough to be another double bedroom with the cavernous wet-room/shower as its own potential en-suite !! Great, I love large bathrooms, a definite winner with me... but at the risk of appearing ungracious it could have been more sensibly fitted-out. Rather than two full sized baths, yes that's right two separate baths!! perhaps putting in just one or a jacuzzi and adding a bidet might have been better; also a tap system/instructions to prevent the risk of very hot water scalding is needed. The single head shower with no attachments was completely lost in the vastness of the walk in wet room and was so low as to be only just above my head height ... something of a lost opportunity, so much more could be done within such a large space. The blind to the sizeable bathroom window doesn't open so no option for bringing in day light.

In the bedroom the super king size bed was wonderful and the room comfortable, the niggle here was with the blinds again, fixed at half mast so that you can't open up to more natural light, which was a shame. Unusually, the breakfast menu offered omelette Arnold Bennett but as the kitchen had to fez up to not actually having any smoked haddock it was back to the usual breakfast staples none of which was more than average and the seconds of toast got forgotten somewhere down the line. Bar, lounge, lobby ... light. airy and all to a good standard and well presented as is the surrounding terrace and grounds all in a very classic setting. Price wise, I thought it was good value. Overall, much to be commended and certainly in a four star plus rating and would be happy to revisit.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonBigal
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

A wonderful setting for a business dinner. The meal was delicious and the service was very good.

The room was spacious with a well designed bathroom. A very comfortable bed.

Breakfast was enjoyable too

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Came here for a wedding this month ceremony was traditional and made to feel very welcomed service was extremely high standard and very well looked after with friendly staff food is very very good would really recommend a visit and the drink is reasonably priced

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

My parents have just celebrated their silver wedding anniversary by renewing their wedding vows at St.Elizabeths House and the day could not have been more perfect. From start to finish they made the day such a smooth, easy enjoyable day for everyone. Nothing was too much to ask, I wanted to do something special for my parents as a wedding present which I thought I wouldn’t be able to do due to other guests being there as it involved a projector & music but Nick made sure that it happened but to also ensure the other guests staying at the hotel weren’t affected by this which I thought was great as he managed to keep everyone happy. From the minute you walk in, a warm friendly welcome, great service and Salim (I have definitely spelt his name wrong) was fantastic. So polite yet humorous and made us laugh at the same time. Whilst eating our meal, whenever your glass is half empty, the staff was there to top it up. We have been to several weddings this year and nowhere offered such attentive service. The food was 5* our family eats out a lot & have eaten in many different places and in different countries. Not one person was disappointed, we had many guests saying it was the best food they have ever had. The presentation was just beautiful, the flavour & portions were perfect and we are already planning our next family trip for a meal there. The prawn cocktail to start isn’t like your usual tall glass same old iceberg lettuce you get most places this was stunning, refreshing appealing to the eye ( I have uploaded pics) The pork belly was just gorgeous & melted in your mouth, again presentation was fab, for dessert I has the chocolate sponge & it was divine!! You can’t fault this place its 5 star food, 5 star service, 5 star venue. They made my mum & dads day absolutely wonderful & they will never forget it.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family