“Lunch”
Review of Filmore & Union

Filmore & Union
Ranked #28 of 77 Restaurants in Batley
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to the cafe thinking it's busy this is a good sign, how wrong we were. Being veggies we opted for a chick pea burger and a bagel with butternut squash etc. When the food arrived it was bland and the burger had more sweetcorn in it then anything else . The cashew nut dip was naff , the only good thing on this plate was the 5 sweet potato wedges. As for the bagel, it was stone cold, no flavor again not worth the money in any shape or form. The waitress let us have our drinks for free but it was a pathetic veggie option. Never again!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Tasty, imaginative, creative cuisine, healthy and well-presented. The ingredients are well-sourced and combined to create complex dishes. This cafe/restaurant is very in-keeping with the Redbrick Mill ethos. It’s not cheap, but represents excellent value for money. Think Aston Martin rather than Ford Fiesta! If you want cheap and fast, go to Nando’s.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Sunday shopping is usually improved with coffee and cake. Sadly not the case here.
The staff have no idea what's on the menu. We asked what a charcoal latte was and the waitress said she had no idea. And she couldn't be bothered to find out either.
We ordered one anyway as they are, apparently "uber popular" - her words not ours! - but all we got was a lukewarm cup of grey milk. The hot chocolate was ok, no more and both were overpriced at £3.10.

We also ordered carrot cake muffins, which failed to arrive. We finally managed to attract someone's attention - lots of staff, all standing around chatting to each other - and were informed they would "find out where they were". On the counter, that's where; would've been quicker to go over and get them ourselves to be honest.

Overpriced, poor service. Really not worth the bother.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I went in last week with some friends. Had great coffee, hot drinks and cakes were divine. Service was lovely, friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We've eaten here a few times over the last few years when visiting the brilliant red brick mill. The previous two times the food was poor and the service was atrocious. It looked like the menu had improved significantly since my last visit, and some thought had been given to the dishes. The food turned up really quite quickly which was good (chicken escalope wrap, turkey burger, childs pizza) as I had two young kids with me. I don't know how they managed it but the food was the blandest I've eaten in a restaurant. Every element was completely wrong and unseasoned. Salads with no real dressing. Pizzas are tortilla wrap, Tom puree and cheddar. If I got this in a cheap cafe I wouldn't complain but they're charging restaurant prices. On paying the bill we were given the wrong tables bill (which I had to point out) and when given the right bill they'd added an extra pizza to the receipt. This place could be really good, they just need to focus on the food and not on the menu and decor.