“Absolutely superb!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We visited Julian's for a family birthday at the weekend having not been for a couple of years.
We were reminded just how great this place is...why did we leave it so long!
Julian and his wife Jackie (front of house) are such lovely people and Julian's enthusiasm for and love of food shines out.
The welcome and ambience are wonderful and the food is terrific...in my view unrivalled in the area.
In short we had a fabulous evening.

1  Thank Owen N

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

My wife booked table at Julian’s as we were staying nearby and so glad she did.

We were quite early but had a lovely greeting and welcome by the staff there.

Food was great and vegan options for my wife were very good.

I thought the lemon meringue pie was awesome; best I’ve ever had.

Well done guys /gals thanks

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Scrummy food. Amazing scallops which cut so easily, like a knife through butter. Duck with vegetables and dauphinois potatoes; finished with chocolate fondant. Yum.

I’ve even used the YouTube video to make the chocolate fondants myself. Delicious and very successful even for my first time!

Yes I’ll be back, for sure

1  Thank Marilark
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is a very unique restaurant!
Family run business! The husband is the Chef and the Wife front of house!
It’s excellent for couples especially!
We always went on our wedding Anniversary!
You’re given a slot to fit into and so when you arrive they’re very attentive and spend the first 10-15 minutes just with you!
The food is fresh and cooked to order and always excellent delicious and presented impeccably!
Then the chef always comes out to check you happy with the food!! Yes we always are!!!!!
We go for special occasions mostly!
I would highly recommended this restaurant!
Top marks Julian! *****

1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Customer service impeccable
Food absolutely delicious
Steaks cooked to perfection
Puddings outstanding
The couple who own this establishment really welcoming every need was catered for!
Lovely evening will definitely be returning to try other dishes

1  Thank Holly W