Book now, pay at stay
US$104
TripAdvisor
Sawrey House Hotel(Near Sawrey)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshill topbeatrix potterthe pubbeef stewloweswater goldopen firewonderful pubwarm welcomelake districthomemade chipsdog friendly pubreal alehuge portionsnational trustcheese boardthe sticky toffee puddingbeautiful village
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Circumstances prevent me from stopping here very often, but I cherish my visits here. Simply it is a small, welcoming inn, set in one of the most beautiful areas of the Lake District. The rooms are good, the food is good, the beer is good, the company good. What more could anyone really want?

I accept this is subjective, and I appreciate some people may not have the 'success' I've had here, but my standards are pretty high and I don't generally give 'Fives'.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank AthosTA
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a good hearty meal at The Tower Bank Arms on the last night of our trip. The portions are of a very good size and standard. We both had steak which was cooked perfectly. A good selection of ciders was a real bonus!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorthWalesTravel
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Cozy, welcoming and dog friendly pub with good food. Limited menu but good quality. Portions are pretty large so be careful if you order a starter! You need to book if you want to eat as it's quite a small place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank enveeess
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Went there to spend the weekend with my boyfriend, so he booked this little place, charming and lovely, staff was amazing and very lovelly. Food is excelente. Room really cosy and pretty.
Nothing bad as far as I can see.

All the region is absolutely outstandingly beautifull.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeuMartins
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I cycle to the Tower Bank Arms every week with a group of friends from Ambleside. The TBA is everything a pub should be, great beer, friendly, welcoming, with no musac or fruit machines. They keep their beer in fantastic condition, the Loweswater Gold is exceptional, wherever I drink it, it is never as good as at the TBA. The food is also excellent, but the best thing about the pub is the bar manager Jimmy, he provides a first class service, always making you feel welcome and always going the extra mile. Keep up the great work Jimmy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends