“Review for a restaurant: yummy, friendly, yummy.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Near Sawrey
The Tower Bank Arms
Ranked #1 of 5 Near Sawrey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I stayed in the Buckle Yeat Guest House, so this place, which is only 2 min away from my hotel, was the best option to dine. First time, I just popped in without booking and they had plenty of spaces. The dinner is served from 6-8 pm. If you come before, you could have a drink at the bar. The portions of dinner are really big! You can take away, if you were not able to eat the whole portion. Food is very tasty, and prices quite good.
Second time, I wasn't so lucky. I didn't book, and there were no free tables (but it was Friday evening, my bad).
The guy on the bar (sorry, don't know his name) was extremely friendly and helpful. However, I didn't like another waitress. She was too gloomy.
Place is dog friendly, cosy, with a good design.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in August 17, our second visit at the lovely Tower Bank Arms and will certainly return for a third in the not too distant future!

The rooms at Tower Bank are very well kept and also accommodated our little dog! Each morning the breakfasts were delicious and the hearty evening food was very tasty.

The staff, in particular the bar manager Jimmy, were all extremely welcoming and looked after us throughout our stay.

We'd recommend Tower Bank to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway in the Lakes!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Merbar123
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Stopped here after a visit to Beatrix Potters Hill Top house. The service at the bar was great and the staff very helpful with their knowledge of the real ales. Large portions of food and good quality

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mel v
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Circumstances prevent me from stopping here very often, but I cherish my visits here. Simply it is a small, welcoming inn, set in one of the most beautiful areas of the Lake District. The rooms are good, the food is good, the beer is good, the company good. What more could anyone really want?

I accept this is subjective, and I appreciate some people may not have the 'success' I've had here, but my standards are pretty high and I don't generally give 'Fives'.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank AthosTA
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a good hearty meal at The Tower Bank Arms on the last night of our trip. The portions are of a very good size and standard. We both had steak which was cooked perfectly. A good selection of ciders was a real bonus!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5.2 km away
Orrest Cottage
Orrest Cottage
#47 of 107 in Windermere

Been to The Tower Bank Arms? Share your experiences!