Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
Free cancellation until 03/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$91
Free cancellation until 03/12/22
Vio.com
US$86
Expedia.comUS$92
Hotels.comUS$92
TravelocityUS$92
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2020

We had a beach front room, large and pleasant with a huge bathroom. The room had a small terrace but our enjoyment was marred by the presence of local youths on what appeared to be hotel property. A young couple kissed and cuddled for several hours and perhaps even consumed their relationship before our eyes. They were replaced by a group of youths who obviously were making as much noise as possible in order to antagonise the hotel guests. Such a pity that the hotel cannot afford to employ security staff, since, judging by prior comments on tripadvisor, this is a frequest occurence.
Breakfast was spoiled by a guest blowing out clouds of e cigarette smoke at breakfast, INSIDE the restaurant. When I asked him to please move outside, he simply ignored me. He was French; I speak fluent French, so it was not a question of misunderstanding. When I mentioned this to reception the lady said "I think I know who it is", so evidently another recurring problem.
The hotel chose the high season to completely rebuild the bungalow opposite ours, so we heard plenty of banging, hammering and cutting of tiles with a metal saw. Why couldn't they do this in the low season?
With proper hotel management, this could have been such a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank cliffordchambers
YvesC1103, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Dear Clifford,

Your point raised is correct. Fact is Tieti is an open space hotel, which is impossible to secure correctly. And the beach is a public space, I cannot do anything it does not belong to us.

Regarding the impolite guest, I leant it today while reading your comment. It is forbidden to smoke into the restaurant, the bar, rooms ... so on.

Regarding the renovation, I have no choice, there is no good moment for that, but I should do it. Sorry for the noise occurred. I have started this programm last April, and it should end this april. If I stop it will be too long. After I should launch the refurbishment of the deck ....

Thank for you coming and A Happy New Year 2020

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Easy to find when travelling from the south. We stayed in one of the connected villas. Initially, we were given a room near the park (far end) overlooking the park with no view of the sea, but of public toilets. However, we went back to reception and asked to swap rooms and she was obliging. The rooms are big and the bathrooms are bigger! Everything you need is in the room, kettle, fridge, large tv, lounge suite, coffee table and a king size bed. We had our own little patio that we could see the ocean from (in between the villas in front of us). It was quite busy when we went, lots of families and couples. Lovely well-kept grounds with some local cats as visitors. Internet access was fine at certain times of the day for us, but we didn't mind, as we were on holiday! Staff were very helpful (and patient) even though we were speaking in a hybrid of English and French - mainly English, we managed to communicate well enough (with the help of a translator app) for the staff to understand what we required. Check out was quick and wished we had spent more time getting to know the locals.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Spacifictraveller
YvesC1103, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2019

Dear Spacifictraveller,

Thank you to describe so well your coming at Le Tieti. Good to read that your stay went fine. I admit that the staff is not tranied enough for English speaking. Never mind the post important is the resultat and you got it.

We wish you a Happy New Year that comes soon.

All the best

Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel, nice place to relax at beach, have drinks or eat. Food-wise excellent location on east coast. Accommodation in wonderful bungalows at beach is a superb experience. Only problem was weak WiFi signal.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Direction-Tieti, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2019

Dear Kristo,

As I mentioned it often, the WIFI does not depend on me. This is brought by the Caledonian Post Office. Located where we are, at the end of the world, it is not powerful. Next year we should have the fiber, and I hope it will resolve this weakness.

Thank you for the time you spent with us and this review.

All the best

Reviewed 30 September 2019

Our group of 5 stayed there because of family connections to the township. All booked thru Flight Centre and had no problems with payment, or anythign else for that matter.
The town itself is quite long, nearly 2km, with several supermarkets. As the hotel is the northernmost building in town, it certainly helps if you have a car.
For what it is - large hotel on the east coast - I am rating it very good. The staff and amenities were fine. The room, yes a bit dated but came with kettle and frig.
Did not care for the louvered door on the bathroom.
Well-placed right on the beach, sensible walkways to all the rooms, nice grassed areas and palm trees, nice pool.
We did not use the dining facilities, although their prices were no dearer than any hotel we stayed at. We went to the chicken shop at the southern end of town for dinner for a more authentic local experience, and bought our breakfast at the small but well-stocked market right across the road.
They had local live music at the shelter by the pool, which proved popular with the locals, and was not audible from our room.

Room tip: We were close to reception ie everyone has to go past, and still did not hear anyone.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank CeeDee57
Direction-Tieti, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Dear CeeDee,

I guess your review follows the previous one. I thank you all for your coming, and do hope to see you again.

Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2019

We stayed here one night, in the Motel-style rooms. We had 3 rooms in all, and all were fine, clean, spacious, just a little tired. The shower was roomy, pressure good. In all we took 6 showers, and 5 were tepid, but one was a decent temperature. Not sure why. Our bed was a queen on a platform. Bouncy mattress was not brilliant. We didn't notice any road noise, and they had a local band playing by the pool (pretty good too) but they didn't play late or loudly. Grounds were beautiful, well tended and very tropical. The room rate was good, but as usual, the meals were not cheap. To keep our costs down we got dinner at a very unlikely place up the road, and breakfast from across the road. Poindimie is a thriving village with lots of amenities. Hotel Tieti has activities and accommodations at a good standard. I would definitely choose it again.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Longworths

Dear Longworths,

Thank for bringing us all these informations. It describes well the feeling that all can get here.

But I disagree about one point : the food. If you compare Tiéti to others places around, it was a huge investment.
Of course there is a price to pay for that. If anyone is coming, but decide to eat somewhere else, it is better to close the restaurant and the bar. And no tourism at the end of the road.

Especially in some area as mine, so far from big cities, it is important for families who are living all around to have their jobs.

We are as well refurbishing accommodations, it is the most important need at the moment.

Thank you for you coming and see you soon again