Lowest prices for your stay
US$82
Free cancellation until 28/01/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$82
Agoda.com
US$80
Expedia.comUS$82
Hotels.comUS$82
ZenHotels.comUS$104
All reviews beach front lovely beach beachfront bungalow the hotel manager french supermarket noumea supplies
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2022 via mobile

Be aware that this hotel is a long drive from Nouméa or La Tontouta airport - approx 4. Hours. The beach side location is lovely, as are the beach front bungalows. Food options are limited to what is available onsite, which is expensive, although there are one or two basic snack type places if you have a car. The WiFi is terrible pretty much everywhere given the remote location. For a relaxing beach side holiday this is a good spot if you don’t mind the limited food choices.

Room tip: Beachfront bungalow definitely worth it
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Yves Cre, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2022

Hi Megan,

That's correct, it takes about four hours - drinving distance - to reach Le Tiéti. But after that you should have a nice stay, at least like yours.

Thank you for this lovely feedback.

Reviewed 16 October 2022

Arrived at 1.30pm and before welcoming us or asking our names the receptionist almost without looking up says your room will not be ready until 3pm. This one could understand as when we booked the check in time was mentioned as 3pm. I asked if we could do the paper work so we could go straight to the room when it was ready and she said no. Then asked if she could please call us if the room was ready earlier, alas heard nothing and at 3.10pm I then got in line at the counter to fill out the paperwork, poor show for a resort hotel.

Date of stay: October 2022
Yves C, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2022

Hi

For the clerk a t the front desk, it is not acceptable, you are absolutely right, and I wait to see face to face the one in duty that day.

For the show, that was great Saturday night, everyone liked it. Now where we are located, never I will see AC/DC on stage, I do stuff with what I have under my hand.

Regards

Reviewed 20 February 2022 via mobile

At first all was OK, we checked in at about 3pm and the room was as expected. Later that night around 7-8pm we went to have showers and there was NO hot water at all. I called reception with my broken French and the girl immediately seemed to know what I was on about, almost like they knew this was a problem before… they offered to move us to another room which was beside the road, we had NO choice but to accept this room, and yes it was extremely noisy! I looked online and noticed there were still family and double rooms available for the same night, no clue why they didn’t provide one of these rooms to us given the hot water was their problem not ours. Overall a really disappointing experience I thought Tieti would be a better experience but it wasn’t. Management you need to lift your game and do something better if your customers experience issues in your hotel!

Room tip: Don’t stay in rooms near the road, the locals seem to enjoy driving extremely noisy cars.
Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Yves Cre, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2022

Hi Brettr,

Yes we were aware of these troubles with hot water. The reason is simple : due to the storm and thunder many thermostats were broken at the same moment in different bungalows. In fact we had an high voltage and the installation did not support it. Ans yes one more we had no choice as well, it is not something that you can programm to reparer more than 10 boilers the same day or night.

We provided you the best solution at the moment ... and the manager I am knows really how to lift the game be sure, I don't really need advice for that becasue I have Tieti under my skin.

Next time do not hesitate to contact me directly and I have a special offer for you.

Reviewed 21 January 2020

Bungalows are awesome.
Beach near by is wild and beautiful.
Breakfast is great as well as the swimming pool. The food at dinner was very tasty and felt local. It just took us 1h to get our cocktails at the table...we waited quite a while to get through dinner

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Direction-Tieti, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Dear AppyAnny,

That's good to read such good review. I will share it with the staff. I admit, that it is too long to have a simple drink and I will report it as well.

Thank you for your visit, and we do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2020

We had a beach front room, large and pleasant with a huge bathroom. The room had a small terrace but our enjoyment was marred by the presence of local youths on what appeared to be hotel property. A young couple kissed and cuddled for several hours and perhaps even consumed their relationship before our eyes. They were replaced by a group of youths who obviously were making as much noise as possible in order to antagonise the hotel guests. Such a pity that the hotel cannot afford to employ security staff, since, judging by prior comments on tripadvisor, this is a frequest occurence.
Breakfast was spoiled by a guest blowing out clouds of e cigarette smoke at breakfast, INSIDE the restaurant. When I asked him to please move outside, he simply ignored me. He was French; I speak fluent French, so it was not a question of misunderstanding. When I mentioned this to reception the lady said "I think I know who it is", so evidently another recurring problem.
The hotel chose the high season to completely rebuild the bungalow opposite ours, so we heard plenty of banging, hammering and cutting of tiles with a metal saw. Why couldn't they do this in the low season?
With proper hotel management, this could have been such a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank cliffordchambers
YvesC1103, Directeur général at Hotel Tieti Poindimie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Dear Clifford,

Your point raised is correct. Fact is Tieti is an open space hotel, which is impossible to secure correctly. And the beach is a public space, I cannot do anything it does not belong to us.

Regarding the impolite guest, I leant it today while reading your comment. It is forbidden to smoke into the restaurant, the bar, rooms ... so on.

Regarding the renovation, I have no choice, there is no good moment for that, but I should do it. Sorry for the noise occurred. I have started this programm last April, and it should end this april. If I stop it will be too long. After I should launch the refurbishment of the deck ....

Thank for you coming and A Happy New Year 2020