Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Etrip
StayForLong
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

I was stupid enough to let me talk into a package for one night on the way up north. Very bad decision. Total rip-off. You’re forced to include dinner and breakfast at horrendous price. On top the quality is appalling. I could not eat anything of the imposed menu. Absolutely bland. The room is ok. Staff very friendly. But I would not recommend it for the price they charge.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Enderlibearth
866c_cilek, Gérant at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2019

Dear Miss Enderli,
I'm very mad to read your comment because we have asked you if something was wrong and you did'nt tell us this comments. We are sorry that the menu can not answer to all exigence of customers.
After the standing in New Caledonia is not the same like in Europe for the same price.
So We are very sorry to hear that. Have a good day Miss Enderli.

Reviewed 3 July 2019

While staying at the Hotel Hibsicus, our group of 4 took a flight from Kone over the Coeur de Voh and surrounding area. It was organized from the Hotel and was the highlight of our holiday in New Caledonia. Each person flew for 30 mins with the pilot who gave us interesting commentary. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
866c_cilek, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Many thanks for your comments ! We really appreciate it, and appreciate more that you really enjoy your trip in New Caledonia and specially the flight. :)
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

Beautiful gardens inside this hotel. Rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. WiFi works best in restaurant area but is accessible in the rooms. Cecile was so helpful as I had problems with onward reservations which she managed to sort out for me. Her English is very good. The flight was great even though it was windy and no sun, the views are still great. Thank you for a lovely stay and looking after me so well.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank pf1sh
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Hotel Hibiscus is such an unexpected delight! The grounds of the hotel are absolutely gorgeous, and despite being a relatively small hotel, there is more to discover each time you take a walk in the zen garden or a swim in the pool. The rooms are absolutely delightful, beautifully decorated, and so beautifully tropical. It's like you've stepped back in time. The bathrooms were another unexpected delight, beautifully decorated with coloured lights in the shower.

The staff were very accommodating when I arrived earlier than the usual check in time - I was hoping to be able to leave my bags at reception, but they were able to check me in fully.

The breakfast buffet is delicious and perfectly French. Kone might not be one of the biggest tourist destinations in New Caledonia, but it is worth visiting just to stay at Hotel Hibiscus.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel H, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Hannag,

Thank you very much for your message, and sorry to answer lately, I was just busy and very happy to read now that you loved the hotel so much.

It is for sure a tiny 25 rooms hotel, but I like to have the perfect decoration and "pacific art" inspiration for the design I try to put everywhere.

You are right, unless we are "pacific style" hotel, we are deeply french and you could taste it in our meals,

See you soon if you come back en New Calédonia!

Best regards,

Cécile KUBECK
Owner

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I booked a flight for 12:30 and came on purpose. When I arrived, I was told to go away and wait for them to call me, which I did. After more than one hour, at 1pm I called back as I had no news, and the reply was once again to wait. 2hours after, still no news. I drove 2hours just for this (plus 2 others to go back), and I felt like they don’t care about paying customers at all!! Never experienced such a horrible service and I travel frequently all over the World!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Virgi187849
Hotel H, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Virgi187849,

You called from Bourail (in fact) to ask for one flight, the same day of your call.

You did no special reservation in advance, that is not a difficulty for us, because we always try to adapt ourselves with "last minute/hours" reservations.

We said yes, we had one flight for 12.30, and you said okay to take it, which was a great thing.

When you arrived, you came with a 6 years old boy, we were surprised because you did not told us about him.

So we asked you what kind of flight you expected precisely.

Indeed, we do two kinds of flights: but only one person can enter into an ULM together with the pilot. (flights of 45 min , or two consecutive flights of 30 minutes for couples for example)

During our explonations, we were sorry to see that your little boy was quite tonic, (which is normal for young healthy boys), but the way he was was okay in front of the desk of the hotel, but was NOT OKAY in the cocpit of a plane.

SECURITY is our obsession, and we deliver strict informations before the flight to the client, in order that safety is respected during the flight. I tried to reach the chief pilot to tell him the existence of your boy, but he was busy in the sky. I am the manager so I am the person who decide and take decisions.

As to me (and I am a mother too) it was impossible for your young boy to fully understand rules, and we cannot testify by advance that he would have respected the safety procedures during the flight alone with the pilot.

SO, because we have no official rights to keep with us your boy during your solo flight, indeed we are not kids baby sitters and could be punished by new caledonian authorithies, if we did it, there were no solutions for your flight.

We are sorry that you did not told us the reality of your booking before coming from Bourail, but we will welcome you next time when your boy will get older.

We are curious to know what ULM flight society would have accepted your young boy into their planes before during your frequent travels around the world (ULM is an only one place client flight) . Just let us know by sending us a private message if you want.
Best regards