Gran Hotel Brisas del Hum
La Sirena(Mercedes)
La Milagrosa(Mercedes)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

NOT AT ALL!!..., unless it's been rated so for its swimming pool and its conference room. But ordinary customers who have travelled a bit would really appreciate --for the price!!-- a more comfy and larger room, a safe, a wardrobe with doors, and a night table instead of a shelf. Parking places are limited, so only if you are lucky will you be able to park your car inside the hotel.
As to breakfast, just what is expected, but no hot meals for foreigners!!
At the front desk, Gabriel offers very helpful information, and I'd say this is my best memory I'll keep of this accommodation in Mercedes.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rita Z
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. It did the job of needing somewhere to stay but nothing more,

The hotel is situated right in the main square. Really great central location and has free parking at the rear.

Warm greeting at check in and room was small but modern and well maintained. Basic mini bar, tv. No safe or tea/coffee facilities. Air con. Bed comfy and I slept well with s room facing over the pool rather than the street.

Bathroom basic and had a bad smell and the shower head was poor delivering dribbles of water only. Hairdryer.

Free wifi throughout

Breakfast buffet basic and everything was either stodgy (breads) or sweetened so not to my liking. No cooked foods.

Hotel has a restaurant attached which is run separately. Service there was appalling. Firstly told kitchen was shut and to come back at 8. Then when I did come back and to choose four times before I could get a meal I wanted as things out of stock. Didn't even have local beers.

Outdoor pool and sun loungers if you want them and a gym, but did not see that.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob A
Reviewed 3 December 2016

The hotel is located right on the main square and is a walk of about 20 minutes from the central bus station. It's of a modern sort and styled more for conferences than for cosy or comfortable 'boutique' travelers.
Reception is in a huge space; the breakfasting room is very large; the halls and the stairs are vast; the lift is an old-fashioned affair with a cage door etc.
My room was comparatively small; but nicely quiet, overlooking a courtyard with a swimming pool. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful but knowledge of English was far to be sought so I had to use my school Spanish. All went well.
Breakfast was the usual buffet sort.
I stayed here for four nights and was quite comfortable, but the entire place made a 'cavernous' impression on me. Probably because there were only very few other guests.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2016

We stayed here for one night with the intention of visiting the industrial museum at Fray Bentos, which is about a 30 minute drive away. Mercedes looked like a much nicer place to stay then Fray Bentos.

The hotel is a fairly uninteresting modern concrete building right in the centre of Mercedes on a corner of a nice plaza. It’s a short walk to the river and there are plenty of drinking and eating options around it. It also has a pool, but we didn’t use it.

The room was ok, clean and reasonably modern, but very bland. Just somewhere to sleep.

We briefly had breakfast before leaving, it was very poor as others have commented, so didn't have much. The restaurant is really dim with very little natural daylight. Luke warm coffee is available as well as some fruit and breads. I suggest skipping it and grabbing something in a cafe over the road.

The big surprise for us was Mercedes itself, it was a much nicer place than we expected with a busy river front and lots of people around and a nice atmosphere - it was a Saturday night, which I’m sure helped. As is typical in Uruguay, it doesn't really start until well after 9pm.

In summary, nothing remarkable, but ok for a night.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2015

The hotel lacks any charm...it ranks more as a business hotel. There is a Don Peperone attached which served breakfast...as others have commented, it was probably the worst breakfast on our trip. The staff could care less, and there is zero atmosphere. The hotel is ok...the room was clean but on the small side. The pool was green,,,not sure if it was painted that colour or full of algae, just not very inviting. We were in town on a Monday, and most restaurants were closed, so we had to make do with 3 meals at Don Peperone's...very unpleasant memory. The lakefront is lovely, and there are some places to eat there...but not on Mondays.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple