I didn't directly book this accommodation but chose it as part of my ski package with Epic Ski Adventures, they had 3 accommodation choices and I went with the more traditional Japanese option and I am so glad I did!! I would choose this Ryokan again even if I wasn't skiing!
The traditional tatami rooms were great, I found the futon so comfortable to sleep on and the tea set with green tea, I enjoyed cups of this at my low table every day!
The traditional meals were amazing, the staff incredible especially Yuki the owner, Mitch and Jang :) They also have Taiko drum and dragon dance show every few nights
My favourite part though was the onsen! I didn't use the bathroom in my room once in 5 nights, it is just an experience you cannot miss, especially the outdoor onsen when it's snowing!
Shibu Onsen is within walking distance and this is the onsen town where Samurai used to go and heal after their battles
Also the snow monkeys are a short shuttle away and the Ryokan provide this trip free of charge (transport only, you have to pay entrance fee)
Thank you Yuki, Mitch, Jang and all the other amazing staff, I can't wait to visit again :)
Oh, also make sure you wear the provided Yukata around the Ryokan, to dinner and to onsen, it's so comfortable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Japanese Experience including Tatami Rooms & Magical Ryokan Dinner & Breakfast. A limited number of rooms have Westerner Orientated Beds. You'll feel the pride of Yudanaka's Mineral Springs in our 100% Natural Overflowing-Non-recycled HotSprings. Our staff will show a Ryokan tradition in an international atmosphere. Book the private 9th floor rooftop HotSpring Tub for your Floating Sake dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Rakuten, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ryokan Biyunoyado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryokan Biyunoyado Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Ryokan Biyunoyado Japan/Nagano Prefecture - Yamanouchi-Machi