All reviews olympic ski jumps a family run hotel discount lift tickets the hotel staff onsen downstairs beautiful hotel stay there again rooms are spacious hot pot short walk breakfast each morning rice end of the day shuttle buses station skiing happo
Reviewed 17 November 2014

What do I say that hasn't already been said many, many times before and for good reason?!
Keita and Monica are the most lovely people, going on and above what is expected from any host. They sincerely made our trip and we are hoping to stay there again this season. Rooms are nice and quiet. Small bathrooms (compared to western) but clean and adequate. Buffet breakfast is delicious! Located perfectly between Happo and Echo land. Ski busses literally stop outside. I took a nice photo of one of our rooms that overlooked the huuuuge olympic ski jump.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Thank you Keita-san and your lovely staff for our stay. Your tips about ski areas, restaurants, ski rentals were really helpful for us. The lovely dinners, the onsen, and the wonderful Japanese room we had plus the surrounding scenery made our first stay in a Japanese ski resort a very enjoyable one. The hotel is located in Happo one at 200 m from the main ski area. If you want to go to Hakuba 47 or Goryu ski area the bus stop is in front of the hotel.
Our daughter is a picky eater and we were worried that staying in Japan we will have only Japanese breakfasts but the hotel offers a Western - Japanese buffet breakfast that was great for us. You can do your rentals while coming to Hakuba and the hotels offers discounted ski rental and ski passes. I would recommend you to ask for ski passes options instead of pre-ordering them in advance. The owner manager really understands what hospitality is all about and speaks fluent English. Extremely comfortable and overall a brilliant experience. We live in Europe so always choosing a ski resort from France or Austria was a priority on our ski holiday list but the Japanese culture, incredible hospitality combined with skiing changed us. We have already booked our next holiday at Yamano Hotel and looking forward to it.

Room tip: Choose a Japanese room and sleep on futons.
Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed 5 October 2014

I had such a wonderful time at this beautiful hotel! In my first overseas trip in 2013 Keita, Monica, Erika and the staff were so hospitable and lovely. Great food, beautiful rooms and a great location with a wonderful view of winter scenery and the Nagano Olympics ski jump! Monica provided a wonderful experience taking my brother and myself out for traditional Japanese meals. A great family environment and would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Japan!! 10/10!!

Room tip: The room I stayed in has choice of both Western and Japanese sleeping areas! A nice experience.
Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2014

An amazing hotel and view located 800 meters from Happo One ski field and in front of the Olympic ski jumps. Very appeling to the eye inside and out with Japanese and western style rooms, onsen and sauna it has the best from both worlds. The staff are super helpfull and friendly and know Hakuba so well and can really help make your trip one to remember. The food is delicious with many traditional Japanese cusine on the menu. I have stayed there twice and loved it! will come back again next time I'm in Hakuba. Thanks to all the staff at the Yamano for helping make my time in Hakuba Great!

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2014

I have been travelling to Hakuba for a number of years. First trip in 2009. On the first year we stayed as a group of 14 at Yamano. The last time as a group of 2 and many sizes in between. I really shouldn't tell you how wonderful Keita, Monica and the staff are because then you will all want to stay there and I may not get a room. It is a special spot with extra special people as your host.
I like to think of it as a little slice of home in Japan. The hotel is clean, well appointed and super friendly and helpful. Their local knowledge is amazing with Keita being a local all of his life. The service is of a high standard . Everything you could want for a relaxing or busy holiday depending on what you seek.
Snow enthusiasts are well catered for with Happone within walking distance and bus stop across the road that you can catch a shuttle to all local ski fields. You can also go to visitor centre to travel to slopes further away. More relaxing times can be enjoyed on several tours of local attractions such as Matsumoto castle, snow monkeys and snow shoeing are all easy to organise. The local restaurants all welcome you and provide very filling and enjoyable cuisine. You can also eat in at Yamano if you are wish. A must is to build your snowman in winter and to hike in summer.
Love, Love love visiting Yamano.

Room tip: Cant tell my secrets as the hotel is small and I may need my favourite spot. There is no where in the hotel that I would not be happy to stay.
Date of stay: January 2014