Red Sun Rooms
Ryokan
US$167
US$136
Rakuten Travel
Hakuba Highland Hotel(Hakuba-mura)(Great Value!)
US$133
Agoda.com
Phoenix Hotel(Hakuba-mura)
US$617
US$557
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2015

Lets start with the good stuff - the hosts are great. Good English ability, extremely helpful and friendly - happy to drive us up the ski field if the shuttle wasn't possible, recommend and take us to the rental store, and drop us off at the information centre. There is also a good breakfast provided (although they initially said we must pay extra for it - this is not the case).

Now the downsides, which reflects my rating. Firstly my Japanese friend has arranged for us to be picked up by the hotel staff at the bus stop at 7am. By 7:20 with no sign of the staff we called them on the same number by friend had used in the days leading up to our visit to ensure everything was in order - but there was no answer. Many attempts later and still no answer, so after waiting for 1 hour we decided to walk to the hotel based on the hotels.com and google map location. After a 20 minute walk it turned out that the location provided was not correct and with no way to contact the hotel we were lost as to where to go. At 9am we were finally able to contact the hotel and they came to pick us up - there was no explanation as to why they were 2 hours late or why their phone was disconnected. We later found out that it was common for tourists to end up at the wrong location as indicated on hotel websites but seemingly they haven't tried to fix this.

The hotel itself is completely run down and hasn't been renovated since the day it was opened, and there is no wifi in the rooms. Sure, you aren't necessarily paying 5 star prices here, but just keep that in mind. There is also a weird horror-movie-style child's song playing on the hallway speakers.

I would stay here again if there was no other option, due to the courtesy of the staff. However I would certainly be trying to find somewhere else to stay first.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nickcom
Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

I stayed here from the 4th to 13th jan 2015..
Right from the start the host Kensho was amazing. . Offering to drive me to places in and around hakuba.to different snow fields or to connecting buses . Took me to an onsen and even gave me some vouchers so I didn't have to pay. . Amazing.
Allowed me to use the washing machine and gave me powder..
The room was all I needed. I had my own bathroom and lounge room. There is a games room with pool and ping pong tables available for free..
It's a little out of town but only a short walk to the centre of it.. maybe 15mins at most.
For the price I payed it was way above my expectations. .
Highly recommended..