Hotel Moon Beach
Trip.com
US$124
US$97
  • Beachfront
Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Tancha-Bay(Onna-son)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$65
US$166
US$78
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate islandwest sideexploring the islandscuba divinglow seasonholiday resortstayed nightspublic areasmountain viewinfinity poolrooms are largeconvenience storethe ground floornice hotelrental caroceanenglish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Moon beach is one of our favorites! The rooms are large, stay in the tatami/Japanese ones. Two toilets, one heated. The hotel itself is old but something regal about it. No valet, which is inconvenient but common in Okinawa hotels. The restaurants on site are pricy but good, there’s some good places nearby to grab some food as well. Highly recommended the luau show, and bbq restaurant for dinner. They provide slippers, beach toys, towels, and all toiletries. We stayed for a weekend and really enjoyed relaxing.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank milfamilia4
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Quite old - opened in 1975 - by very well maintained and excellent design. With own beach, kept very clean and two good restaurants. Stayed in a "club" room, large and very comfortable with large bathroom. Thanks to "club" price had access to very nice lounge with free snacks and drinks. Very attentive and helpful service.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank witaka
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights which is perfect to combine beach and exploring the island. We hesitated between this hotel and the Sheraton 2km further north. Sheraton is probably fancier but we were glad we took Moon Beach as there are plenty of nice restaurants closeby. As we didn’t have a rental car, that was an important asset. The hotel is a bit old (built in 1975) but it has an interesting architecture and the rooms are very clean. Friendly staff and lovely private beach and infinity pool. The limousine bus coming from the airport stops in front of the bus. We would for sure come again when visiting Okinawa.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Visited the beach area of the hotel, so this review applies to that only. They charge you an entry fee and further ¥2700 to rent a parasol and chairs. They have a swimming area the size of a football pitch and some ridiculous rules for using the beach. No tattoos allowed, no snorkels allowed. Simply, go elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrankieinLondon
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I first must say that I haven't stayed here, I went as a visitor.

The first time I went with my friend, we walked around and went to the beach during the afternoon, since we weren't staying we had to pay an additional fee to use the pool which is completely understandable, so I saved that for the next visit with my husband and our 2 year old daughter.

The second time it was a complete disaster. First they said the parking was full and were trying to turn us around, they I told him: ok, no problem I'll park somewhere else and will walk , he replied "no swimming at the beach for you, no swimming " which it was very rare and rude. Anyway I still drove inside to turn around and found a parking spot very quickly. We walked inside and it was crazy full, I felt that day in a public pool, they don't have bands or something for guests to identify who is staying and who's not.

We went to pay the fee for the pool and I started to put on sunscreen to my daughter, then the lifeguard came and told me "no swimming for her (my toddler) , no sunscreen allowed in the pool, only beach" My face was PRICELESS, of course he didn't spoke English, I was very mad (didn't showed that to him not to be rude ), but living in Japan for the last 3 years I know specially Okinawans are horrible afraid from the sun, and I'm sure every single kid there had sunscreen on. I looked at the pool rules in ENGLISH and it said nothing about it, my daughter was crying so bad to get into the pool, that had me very upset, I went right away to get a refund and left . For sure I'm never going back, I live so close and it looked the perfect place to go during the weekends, but with that experience I am not .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family