eDreams
Priceline
Trip.com
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

Love this accommodation a lot. Location is good, near a convenience shop, unblock view of lake toya. Room is big as well, very cosy. Breakfast is awesome too. Will recommend friends to stay here. Toya area is small, so u can reach most places within 1/2 hour drive. The nearest food place is around 2 min drive from pension Ohno. So recommend to have car if u are coming.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 397ivan_
Reviewed 17 October 2019 via mobile

This is a really charming and delightful place. The owner and her staff are really lovely people and they couldn't be more helpful, friendly and kind. They only had a room available for 2 days so we had to book into another hotel for the other 2 days. The owner very kindly drove us to our next hotel, and returned again because we had forgotten a mirror and a bottle of water, such a sweet thing to do. I recommend booking half board to take full advantage of the superb Japanese food. There is an onsen inside the hotel too, which you can use free of charge. This a definite 10/10 in every way. Thank you Pension Ohno.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018

My wife and I stayed at Pension Ohno for 4 nights and really loved it. It is in a perfect location outside Toyako-Onsen, about a 2 km walk along Lake Toya (we like to walk). There is bus service in front of the hotel (really a B&B), and the staff are VERY helpful. Ms. Keiko, the owner, and Ms. Mikki, her assistant, were wonderful and made sure our stay was comfortable. Lake Toya and Mount Usu are well worth a visit , and at Pension Ohno, you will feel like an honored guest with a Japanese family. Almost forgot, there is a very nice onsen right on the same floor with the rooms. It is for all guests, but during our stay we had it to ourselves every day. Breakfast, Japanese or Western included, dinner can also be included; food for all meals was excellent. Overall, Pension Ohno is a great value and a great experience for people who are not into big resort hotels. One reservation, there is no elevator, and the guest rooms are on the second floor.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018

If you visit Toya and you are looking for an authentic and personal experience, stay at Pension Ohno! The location is wonderful: not at the tourist strip near the bus terminal but 2,5 km further West. Right at the lake though. I took the bus from the train station to the bus terminal for 330 yen and then walked to Ohno. When I left I took a direct taxi for 2390 yen.
It’s a charming and characterful pension, so much nicer than the more centrally located flats.
My unexpected lake view room was spacious, with a large bed and spotless bathroom. I even had my own sitting area where I could plan my travel after dinner. The design is a bit dated, but is definitely part of the charm.
The owner’s son is a very good chef who prepares delicious Japanese meals. I loved the roasted chicken and regional dish with salmon and squid. Best so far!
Special thanks to the lovely host and the English speaking Airy for helping me with staying an extra night. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Pension Ohno exemplifies the main reasons why I prefer small B&B accomodations to big hotels, which are: the cozy atmosphere, warm and dedicated service the host provides. We know beforehand that Pension Ohno is quite a distance (about 20-25min walk) away from Toyako One Bus Teeminal, but we booked it nevertheless because of its glowing reviews. And yes, they did not disappoint. It seems to be a family-run business, as far as we can tell from the limited people we met this B&B. Though there's a bit of laguage barrier, our host more than made up for it by sincerely trying with all her efforts to help us, and even went the extra mile of offering to shuttle us to the Ropeway in their own car, when the local bus service schedule to the tourist destination was not convenient. She was that enthusiastic about us not missing the opportunity to visit the Usuzan Ropeway on that sunny day (note that the weather went gloomy the next day.)
During our stay, we availed of their in-house dinner and breakfast. Those were among the best meals we had throughout our entire stay in Japan. We felt like we were treated to a feast, not just in quantity but in the superb quality of their home-cooked dishes.
The room we got is spacious yet with a cozy feel, overlooking the lake, and with an ensuite toilet & shower. They also have a common onsen room each for ladies and guys, which is satisfying. There weren't much guests at the time we checked in, so one could easily have the onsen alone for a certain time period.
Overall, a truly remarkable stay! I couldn't ask for more and would gladly come back and recommend Pension Ohno to family and friends.

Room tip: avail of their in-house meals (dinner/breakfast)
Date of stay: May 2018