Ryokan Uohan(Yugawara-machi)
US$131
Apoloso(Yugawara-machi)
US$95
Ryokan
Goen no Mori(Yugawara-machi)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$476
US$422
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$593/night.

Kamata(Yugawara-machi)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$358
US$279
Fukiya(Yugawara-machi)
US$499
JAPANiCAN.com
All reviewsnon smokingrushing riverpublic bathtraditional ryokanshoesrooftopsaunaentrancemountainstrainfloorbalconytokyostationonsendinner
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, the service and facility was wonderful. We booked a traditional Japanese room with an attached bath on the balcony. This was absolutely wonderful addition to the standard onsens. We were able to enjoy numerous times without leaving the room plus the view was looking out into the mountains with a river running below. There is two sets of public baths both very enjoyable but the roof top has unbelievable views. (The roof top baths rotate times for women and men. When we stayed the women had the bath from 9 pm until 11 am. Great for the morning. We didn't have a sunrise but just seeing the mist over the mountains was gorgeous). Our meals were served in the room and were traditional Japanese food. The room attendant was lovely and explained everything to us. The dinner was wonderful but breakfast was not as appealing for us as westerners.
The facilities were very quiet and the baths fairly empty even though their were many people staying. (At checkout it was a little crowded. ).
I would definitely return if we are they area again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

First the greeting at the entrance. Time to shed your shoes and wear the ones provided. Bad news if you wear any shoe bigger than size eight men's (USA ). I gave up on the garbage shoes they tried to have me fit into. The next day they did have larger shoes for me to wear. Why they were not offered at first is a mystery.
The room we stayed in had a musty smell and also the smell of urine near or in each closet . My wife said I was mistaken about the urine smell. But the smell was bad during the night for me. My sister-in-law was in the next room and she smelled a musty odor as well. Anyway I was not the one paying for the stay so I kept quiet about the odor.
The breakfast and dinner we were served was quite nice. Room 543 is next to a food preparation space so if you get it be prepared for early morning cooking smells. I would not come back to this place if they paid me $ 500 per night.
It is my understanding that smokers can smoke in non-smoking rooms in the bathroom only.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Checker55
Reviewed 30 March 2016

My first stay in a more traditional Ryokan. Outstanding hospitality with friendly, accommodating hosts. Language barriers were easily overcome. The room was clean and cosy. Loved the private onsen as well as the amazing, multi course meals.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Minxyminou
Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

Entrance and ryokan aren't too impressive but not bad either. What it lacks in either being old and fancy or new and sleek it makes up for with good food, great ofuro (baths). Very quiet place with a rushing river outside.. Its about a 3.5 on the ryokan itself and a 4.5 on food and service.. They could up date the place in hallways etc. Room attached baths are very new, nice and we'll worth the money. For reference we stayed in room 274 on the 7th floor. Request it!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Located in Yugawara, 20 minutes taxi ride from Yugawara Station/ Hakone, in a very remote area surrounded by mountains, greens, and natural water falls. Perfect choice if you want a quiet onsen getaway. You can take Shinkansen or "Romance Car" Odakyu train from Tokyo/ Harajuku Station, or JR train from Haneda Int'l Airport.

We stayed here for 1-night only on the first day we arrived in Tokyo. This was our first onsen stay, didn't know much about it. We kinda booked it in a last minute, but was able to get the tatami room with the private onsen on your private patio. Yes it was pricey but the room was big, it was more like a 1-bedroom tatami suite, and it had the private onsen like I wanted.

The staff there were extremely polite and friendly. Misaki, almost like our private butler, was super nice, and cute. She didn't speak very much English but was very helpful and polite. Kaiseki style dinner and breakfast was served in our room by Misaki. So many courses, I lost track, but I remember it was very extensive, fancy, and excellent quality.

The room and futon itself was very comfortable and clean. However the private onsen on our patio could be cleaner. I could see some algae in the water and some part of the tub floor was a bit slimy. We tried all the public bath theretoo, indoor, outdoor, and the outdoor rooftop one as well. Children too were allowed to go. The rooftop one however was divided into male or female designated time only, take turn. We always took a shower at the public bath place, it was basically like a sauna place.

The first and only night we were there, my 4 year old, had her left eye swollen. I brought it up to their attention, and they went the extra mile to help her. They also recommended possibly one of the best pediatricians in Hakone, and made an appointment for us for the next day after we check out when I told them we might need to see a doctor.

Id recommend this place if youd like to stay in Yugawara.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family