Ryokan Uohan(Yugawara-machi)
US$438
US$416
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$633/night.

Kamata(Yugawara-machi)
Yui(Yugawara-machi)
Itoya(Yugawara-machi)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnon smokingrushing riverpublic bathtraditional ryokanshoesrooftopsaunaentrancemountainstrainfloorbalconytokyostationonsendinner
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We always wanted to experience a real, traditional Ryokan (Traditional Japanese hotel). This hotel is the real deal, plus it has several onsen (Hot spring baths) so the whole experience is amazing. The hotel is up in the mountains in a beautiful area were you can see a tall water fall from your room or from the roof top bath. From the entrance you are asked to leave your shoes with the staff and are given traditional Japanese interior shoes, also you are given Yukatas (Kimonos) to wear while you are in the hotel. The rooms are beautiful, some of them have private tubs looking out the mountains. As per the food? Well, it was a dream, you get served in your room and all the detail they put in it is just amazing, the same with the breakfast. The only complain is that some areas of the hotel look a little run down, so for the price we paid, we expected it to be in perfect condition. Other than that it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Get the room with the private tub.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jose S
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, the service and facility was wonderful. We booked a traditional Japanese room with an attached bath on the balcony. This was absolutely wonderful addition to the standard onsens. We were able to enjoy numerous times without leaving the room plus the view was looking out into the mountains with a river running below. There is two sets of public baths both very enjoyable but the roof top has unbelievable views. (The roof top baths rotate times for women and men. When we stayed the women had the bath from 9 pm until 11 am. Great for the morning. We didn't have a sunrise but just seeing the mist over the mountains was gorgeous). Our meals were served in the room and were traditional Japanese food. The room attendant was lovely and explained everything to us. The dinner was wonderful but breakfast was not as appealing for us as westerners.
The facilities were very quiet and the baths fairly empty even though their were many people staying. (At checkout it was a little crowded. ).
I would definitely return if we are they area again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

First the greeting at the entrance. Time to shed your shoes and wear the ones provided. Bad news if you wear any shoe bigger than size eight men's (USA ). I gave up on the garbage shoes they tried to have me fit into. The next day they did have larger shoes for me to wear. Why they were not offered at first is a mystery.
The room we stayed in had a musty smell and also the smell of urine near or in each closet . My wife said I was mistaken about the urine smell. But the smell was bad during the night for me. My sister-in-law was in the next room and she smelled a musty odor as well. Anyway I was not the one paying for the stay so I kept quiet about the odor.
The breakfast and dinner we were served was quite nice. Room 543 is next to a food preparation space so if you get it be prepared for early morning cooking smells. I would not come back to this place if they paid me $ 500 per night.
It is my understanding that smokers can smoke in non-smoking rooms in the bathroom only.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Checker55
Reviewed 30 March 2016

My first stay in a more traditional Ryokan. Outstanding hospitality with friendly, accommodating hosts. Language barriers were easily overcome. The room was clean and cosy. Loved the private onsen as well as the amazing, multi course meals.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Minxyminou
Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

Entrance and ryokan aren't too impressive but not bad either. What it lacks in either being old and fancy or new and sleek it makes up for with good food, great ofuro (baths). Very quiet place with a rushing river outside.. Its about a 3.5 on the ryokan itself and a 4.5 on food and service.. They could up date the place in hallways etc. Room attached baths are very new, nice and we'll worth the money. For reference we stayed in room 274 on the 7th floor. Request it!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple