All reviewssouptrain and bus stationno elevatoryogurttuna auctionlocal restaurantshotel is locatedkumano kodoupon checkfew minutes walkgood sizekii katsuurapleasant stayplace to stayjapanese stylezenzaimaps
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Pros
- location is good since it's near train station by walk around 3-4 minute and additionally surrounded by many of Japanese restaurants
- staff at hotel is very kind and considerate
-room is good in size and comfortable.
- have a free coffee (Maxim) and tea (Twining) + drinking water in room
- breakfast is OK: bread, ham, salad, wakayama orange, coffee, yogurt. Besides that the owner give me a welcome red bean soup too.
Cons
- no elevator so it's hard for me to take my luggage to room on 3 rd floor

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed overnight in Kii Katsuura after finishing up our hike of the Kumano Kodo Trail. Upon check in the owner was very friendly and attentive to make sure we would feel at home for the evening. She showed us all of our options for dining and shopping on a map and showed us to our room. The rooms were clean and spacious for a smaller hotel. It is less than a 5 minute walk to the station so the location can't be beat. Great work Hotel Charmant!

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2016

The hotel is very well located, on Kii-Katsura main street near the best fish restaurants, the train station, and the bus stps. The staff is very friendly and helpful, despite the fact that they don't speak English. Breakfast is excellent. The rooms are quite small. Our room on the first floor had barely no windows. It had no outside view. We had to go out of the hotel to check the weather. I suspect that this is the case of most or all rooms in the hotel, as it is coined between two other buildings. Since we were out of the hotel most of the time during the two days we spent in Kii-Katsura, it wasn't a big issue for us, but it might be an issue for other travellers.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Was a very passable and clean hotel in a quiet fishing village. Don't think I heard a lick of english the entire time I was there and the hotel had none either.
Breakfast was free and good, gave us a map and showed me how to get to the bus that took me to the temples and trails.
All in, simple, nice hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2016

stayed here feb 2016 lovely hotel with caring hosts more than happy to help. Only a few mins walk from the station and in centre of town near all shops and places to eat.
Car hire is reasonable and not far from the hotel either and great way to get around.

Stayed: February 2016