“Better looking than tasting”

Siamo Wood Oven Cafe
Ranked #34 of 112 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Description: We offer Mediterranean and casual style food, framed in an atmosphere where every detail is thought out with passion.Our customers can enjoy an extensive menu at any time of day.Our wood-burning ovens are the flagship of SIAMO transforming your meals to perfection. Come for coffee, wine and beer tasting , great desserts, and hang out in a relaxed atmosphere and great service, any time.
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Fancy looking food and place. But it's not that good. Not even dare to order the Parma prosciutto Pizza, there's more fat than meat on that prosciutto.
Very very very short staffed

1  Thank Piero R

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Nevermind the mediocre service or food that came late. The place got packed at around 1pm so they decided the best thing yo do was close the doors and LOCK them!!! Packed restaurant- locked doors. Perfect recipe for disaster in case of an emergency.

1  Thank Mariana C
Phillip S, Owner at Siamo Wood Oven Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I would like to clarify that the doors are never locked, only closed for the air conditioning to be able to function properly, especially when the restaurant is full.
In terms of your experience with the service, please understand that due to the high volume of new and returning visitors there are occasions that the kitchen becomes bogged down and food may take longer. This tends to happen normally when a restaurant is new and personnel are getting used to the volume and all the new dishes that they are preparing. I do hope that you are able to overcome your negative experience. We are working hard to minimize such occurrences.
Thank you and hope to be able serve you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The half portions are smaller, not a good wine selection, the place is too hot! Food is good and music

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We stayed at the Aloft across the street on our way back to the states after 3 weeks in Santa Teresa. With the mall being complete there are now a lot of dining options in the area. We walked around the mall and finally settled on the Wood Oven Cafe. It really turned out to be a great decision. First, the service was great. My Spanish (surfer Spanish) leaves a lot to be desired and our server was super patient with me as I asked a ton of questions that probably made no sense. But on top of the service the food was really a treat. We had calamari, some type of broiled shrimp and these fried mozzarella wedges to start. All were generously portioned and of very high quality. My wife and son both had pizza for dinner which they greatly enjoyed. My daughter and I both had fresh handmade pasta which was a welcome change after spending 3 weeks out in the dirt and dust of Nicoya.

We did not try dessert as we spotted a kiosk that made crepes elsewhere in the mall, but I would definitely return to the Wood Oven Cafe the next time we are passing through Santa Ana.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant twice. The first time, service was terrible and we were charged twice for several items. The second time I ordered a ceviche mixto and was brought a tiny, "tapas-sized plate". It was the most disgusting fish I've ever had. Mushy and gross. The 3 little shrimp it had tasted straight out of a frozen shrimp bag. The worst part was that when the check came for 6,500 colones, I thought they probably charged me for the large ceviche, not the small one. I asked and the rude waiter told me that what I was served was indeed the large one. I asked him to show me the small size and she literally showed me a shot glass. My two cents, skip Siamo and get your food from Pikeos, Fonda Azteca, or any of the other restaurants in Terrazas. Don't waste your money here - it's a shame bc it's new, but I'll never come back here.

1  Thank Alice B
IknowCostaRica, Owner at Siamo Wood Oven Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Sorry to hear about your bad experience in our restaurant. As you may not know starting a new operation in Costa Rica is not a an easy task , we are now on our second month of operations and we are still adjusting our menu and our people to reflect our goal towards achieving a great experience at SIAMO , we thank your sincere thoughts on this matter and we hope that you do give as chance to proof right to you once again in the future .