US$94
Aloft.com
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
US$89
US$85
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$68
Hotel Posada Canal Grande(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$33
Hotel Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$66
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$37
De La Tierra EcoHouse Farm(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$43
Vista Canyon Inn(Santa Ana)
US$89
All reviewssmall poolfront desk staffresidential neighborhoodnicest hotelcosta ricasan josespent two nightsgreat amenitiesrooms are comfortablelovely hotelwithin walking distancehot waterlast nightcelestemartamicrowaveairport
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This hotel is the nicest hotel I have been in over our 15 years of visiting Costa Rica. It is located in the town of Santa Ana which is a great little town. The entire hotel was immaculate and modern. Free breakfast was delicious and abundant. Dinner was good and reasonably priced. Within walking distance of the town but in a quiet area. Suzanna at the front desk was a tremendous help in getting us to our mechanic in another town in San Jose. Only wish is that there was a shuttle to and from the airport!=

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We stayed just for a day, but the experience was excellent! Since we arrived, the service was very kind and the check in was fast. The hotel make us an upgrade and the rooms were superb. On the next morning, the management give us a complement breakfast without charge. The rooms are modern, confortable and very clean. The location is very good, avoiding the traffic and near to very good areas out off the city center.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I stayed at the Hotel Villa Los Candiles for work and it was an excellent choice. The rooms were large, modern and comfortable. They came equipped with a safe, a refrigerator, a microwave and a toaster oven. The beds were very comfortable and the restaurant was outstanding. What made this place such a treat was the restaurant staff. Gerardo was so hospitable and professional! He went out of his way to make sure we were taken good care of: breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. What a great guy. Thank you, Gerardo! The chef is also to be commended. The dishes varied slightly from day to day - based on what was fresh. The chef cooked the steaks we had to perfection. The meat here is really outstanding. Also recommended are the amazing and creative juice drinks they have. The front desk staff and security were always pleasant and on top of things. This hotel is a bit outside of the city, which might make it inconvenient if you don't have a car. It is located in an out of the way location in a residential neighborhood, but grocery stores, bars, restaurants, a movie theater and other options are within walking distance. My colleagues and I really appreciated the comfort, quality and service here.

Room Tip: There is a swimming pool in the back, a room on the first floor would either be good or bad, depending on your perspective.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2017

This little hotel is well designed and nicely appointed. It is clean and still look like new. Rooms are comfortable and well kept. Service is their downfall. It is just average for a hostel, but not for the 4 stars they claim. One exception: Marta at the kitchen and restaurant was fabulous; paying attention to every detail and greeting clients during breakfast. On the other hand, the first night we decided to have dinner at their restaurant. No one was there so after seating for a few minutes went to wave at the chef. A nice an accommodating fellow that took our drink orders and presented the menu. Later showed the server, took the meal order, and returned with the food (it was good). We saw him again only to present the check. Once I was in bed he called on the phone telling me "you do not have credit". I told him that nobody asked me for a credit card upon arrival but I will gladly pay first think in the morning. His response was that I must go and pay now as he cannot close his shift without the payment. The server will no back up on his demands, so I ended the conversation confirming that I was going to pay in the morning, which of course I did, and had to ask to also open a credit for us. The other two times I visit the restaurant there was no server and was told by one kitchen help it was because "there are only 4 rooms at the hotel". That's a convenient financial approach of managing some businesses, but is a terrible approach for a hotel. Maintenance issues were not resolved (TV and hot water), and the disengagement of the staff is sad. Hope they auto evaluate their practices, as this hotel does have potential.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

From the minute we checked In Celeste at the front desk was very professional and helpful. Gerardo the bar tender/restaurant waiter always greeted us with a warm smile and was always ready to help with any questions. Had dinner a few times, my last night was probably the best dinner I had in Costa Rica salmon with pesto sauce/ vegetables well done chef! Martha the breakfast chef was also great.
Thank you Los Candiles, will be back soon.

Madeiros family