“Great sushi but service is subpar”
Review of Yakijama

Yakijama
Ranked #61 of 119 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

The sushi is amazing. Some of the best in San Jose. Always super fresh, innovative, great variety and good blend of local ingredients.
The issue is mostly service. Took our group almost 2 hours to do lunch, and most people asked for the executive lunch service. Very, very slow. Perhaps it's more worthy of a visit if grabbing sushi to go, and having called in advance.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

I've eaten here several times and the service is consistently lousy. This is the only place I've been to in CR where the people aren't very friendly. The Yakijama in Escazu is much better and the staff is more attentive. For the price, it's worth the drive to get the same food with better service.

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

My years old son favorite restaurant!
My ordered 300 pieces of sushi for my birthday party and we fall in love with this restaurant, they have a great customer service and great prices!

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We got a special of what was supposed to be 36 pieces of sushi - they gave us 40. They were tasty, but nothing special. My wife, who is more into sushi, thought they were some of the best she's had in Costa Rica. She liked the miso soup. Their all-you-can-eat buffet for 10,000 colones seems very pricey - and is only from a rather limited menu. The atmosphere is nothing special, and the fruit drinks seemed very pricey at 1,850.

Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

Been here four times. Review is considering them all. Interesting flavors and combinations. Attention was nice. Menu is wide and all options I've tried have been delicious. Sangría beverage is remarkable. Parking lot available in front. They have love music on some weekend days. Some people criticize roll's names, but I think focus shouldn't be this one. When you go to a new restaurant, you must ask for the menu and explanations. If you are not comfortable with the answers, then get up and leave.