“Good Fun, Good Food!”

Bambai Mongolian Grill
Ranked #17 of 119 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Reviewed 8 March 2017

The Bambai Mongolian Grill is a great fun restaurant at the Forum. If you've not been to such a place before, you basically chose you veggies, rice / pasta, meats and sauces, then hand it to the chef who cooks it on a giant hot plate at the front of the restaurant.
The food was really nice and the aromas from the various meals cooking on the plate is most pleasing.
We really enjoyed our visit and would certainly recommend anyone visit Bambai, if they're in the area.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

The process seemed typical of a Mongolian grill; choose rice or noodles, choose vegetables, choose meat, choose sauce. The ingredients were fresh and of high quality. Our server was very friendly and helpful but had only a little English, which was slightly difficult since we have even less Spanish. The food was good, the service was good, the atmosphere was good. I just can't think of anything to say that was great. I would go again.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Employees have knowledge of the foods and best combinations for each of the types of meat they offer. Expedite service and will come back again! If you looking for a place to have the food cook your way this is the place

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Any time I want take out but don't want junk food, I come here! I love the fact that I can create my own bowl by choosing the ingredients and the sauces and watch the chef prepare it right in front of me. It's very healthy and fulfilling.
The service is very good. They offer to explain me the concept every time I go to the restaurant.
The only thing I would change is to find a way to cover the ingredients in a way that the customer can still see them. This way they stay free of dust and flies.
Prices are ok. It's not cheap enough to eat every week but since you choose the amount, it's worth it. I always have leftovers :)
If you haven't had it, try it! I choose almost all the veggies and the chicken with the garlic, teriyaki and oyster sauce.

Joaquin V, Propietario at Bambai Mongolian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Hi CynPuravida,

Thanks for your feedback and for visiting us! If you like a little spice next time you can add up a little curry to your mix, it´s great with garlic, teriyaki and oyster… that combination is my own favorite!
We do have processes in place to keep the food clean, sometimes we do use covers although it´s not posible to do so all the time..

Reviewed 7 September 2016

The whole experience is nice... You get to choose between rice or noodles as well as the protein you want in your dish. You can pick from fresh ingredients and you see when they stir fry your meal. Nice place!

Thanks for your feedback!