“Good Food and Service”

Restaurante Monsenor
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Description: Want to get away from the hasty service of Gran Canaria's tourist areas? We (Sander & Janna) took over restaurant Monsenor 5 years ago with one mission: Serving great food in a relaxed and personal atmosphere. Sander has been cooking all his life in many different countries, his Indonesian and Caribbean roots give the international food he makes a special twist. Craving something? Just tell us what you like and we will prepare something you will truly love! Our restaurant is located in the Monsenor apartment complex in Playa del Cura, just 5 minutes away from Amadores beach. We invite you to come over to our restaurant for a delicious and pleasant dining experience. International Kitchen ranging from Mediterranean to Indonesian and from Dutch to Caribbean.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We made a reservation at this restaurant while staying in the adjoining apartments. The service was fairly fast despite there only ever being one person serving. The food was tasty and reasonably priced and the menu was varied and interesting. A couple of days later, during heavy rain, I nipped in and ordered a pizza and they told me that I could either wait or come back in 20 minutes, so I returned to my apartment and collected the pizza 20 minutes later as promised. We had pizzas from here twice and they were really good. The restaurant is super convenient for the Monsenor Apartment complex and saves the walk down and back up the hill from the town centre. I would happily eat here again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Just had a meal at this restaurant. Excellent food and lovely service. Would recommend this restaurant whole heartedly.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We ate last night as a party of 4. We shared the spring rolls as a starter and they were delicious. I had the salmon for a main and it was the best I have ever had. The outside was seared crispy yet the inside was succulent and tasty. My wife tried the Nasi platter. She told me there were loads of wonderful flavours and her plate looked fully loaded.. I doubted she would be able to finish it but she said it was so good she ate every last morsel. I have so say that the menu doesn't explain the food particularly well. Maybe some photos would help. We have eaten here a few times and never been disappointed.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Dont miss this place while visiting Playa del cura. Really recommend the indonesian alternatives on the menu and the garlic bread for starter!! Owner and his wife are also very nice and friendly. Go there- u wont regret it!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

In spite of the very good reviews on Tripadvisor, we were not impressed. Friendly service, but very average food. There are better alternatives in Playa del Cura in our view - but maybe we were just unlucky on the day?