17 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$179
Booking.comUS$179
Trip.comUS$179
1,044 results
All reviews pool bar junior suite san juan common areas lounge chairs rincon jacuzzi ocean surfing beaches pr caribbean hurricane maria
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2021 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the restaurant employees are great, very courteous and polite. The resort facilities could be improved with little preventive maintenance.

So last week my spouse stayed here but had to check out for the weekend because the resort was sold out for the weekend (so are many lodging facilities on the area) because locals like to get out of the daily grind and enjoy the weekend somewhere else. I found out that it was weird that a resort wouldn’t hold rooms for business people who are staying longer than a weekend but I was flying into San Juan and we decided to stay on the metro area until Sunday. I only spent two nights at this resort because I didn’t have another option, we arrived late on Sunday October 3rd 2021 and it took me past checkout time (11 am) on Monday the 4th to find another place. My first impression with the staff was around 8pm on Sunday and although we were the only people checking in, it took the front desk clerk about an hour to check us in. We were traveling on a corporate rate ($109) and we found out at check-in that they could guarantee the rate but could not guarantee the room with a king size bed, although we had requested in advance that we wanted a king size bed. In short, we found out that the room had two double beds instead of a king size bed. Then after an hour of waiting we were notified that they only had that one room, that no other rooms were available. The next morning we were moved to a room with a king size bed (junior suite) for an additional $101 a night, total of $210 plus tax and although we were going to stay for three weeks we had to downgrade to another room in 6 days because they had an upcoming convention and all the rooms were sold out, REALLY???. I figured let’s go ahead and stay in the room and pay an additional hundred dollars but then I went to the pool and found out that the filters were not working for at least three days so the water was kind of slimy to the point of being dirty and unsanitary, it looked like hand sanitizer. Also they DO NOT have security guards, anybody can come into the property as they please and they are not responsible if someone breaks into your vehicle or steals your property. NOT RESORT LIKE !!!

So now, let’s do the math because from the business perspective, management doesn’t have a clue how much capital they are loosing not just because they not get a referral but also will get a bad review on trip advisor. They usually charge $230 for the junior suite and we are paying $210 but we are getting kicked out in 6 days because of a convention. So they will make an additional $20 a day for 2 days ($40 total) and rather loose $119 X 21 days ($2,499). It doesn’t make any financial sense to loose a customer that is willing to stay for 21 days and spend over $2,500 plus meals at the restaurant. You just don’t trade over $2,500 for $40, that’s just bad business.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 90elit
Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Perfectly placed infinity pool to complement an astonishing view of el Pasaje de la Mona. Desecheo off to the right and in the distance to the West, always present, Isla de Mona y la gran República Dominicana ❤️ A tiny pocket of beach during the summer season, but let's face it, when you are in this NW'ern pocket of Ańasco, it's a straight shoot to quite possibly the greatest surfing and ecological mecca of the Caribbean, if not the entire Atlantic. You have iconic beaches 3 mins, 13 mins, 20 mins and beyond to choose from.
We were s family of 10 (4 adults, 6 little kids) traversing the entire main island of Puerto Rico, from El Yunque and Rio Grande, to Ocean Park and Condado; then off on a quick tour of Guavate, Ponce, Guánica over 10 to finally arrive at this GEM of a resort.
The entire staff at Rincón Beach Resort deserve honorable mention for their indelibly welcoming personalities, make it happen attitude, and white glove detail put forth towards any and every need my family threw at them! We were a well
oiled traveling machine as a 10 person unit, but it wasn't until we arrived at #RBRPR did the adults finally felt vacation time had arrived. Thank you fir the best 3 nights of my vacation for sure. I'll get back to you on the other 9 soon ❤️
As per the staff:
Reservations/Front Desk/Management
Dayanara
Caroline
Sasha
Angely de nombre y de oficio! Tremendo equipo maestra!

Housekeeping
Everybody was so incredibly responsive and helpful. I wish I had more names. Mil gracias a Wilfredo, Sandy y el equipo entero

Food and Beverage
Linda!!! también de nombre y de oficio. Super chévere!!
Katiria o es con C? Mil gracias gemela de Linda. Son las mejores!!!!!!
Michael y Jeffrey son unos lucíos!!! Mil gracias por todo, caballeros.
Roger y el staff de la comida a fuego, esos nenes, los chiquitos y los grandes también comimos como hipopótamos!!! Mil gracias
Service was incredible, experience was magnificent for every single one of us.
Que Viva Puerto Rico y el Rincón de la alegría; Rincón Beach Resort ❤️

Room tip: It's the Caribbean. Get there fast. Take a breath, then take it slow and enjoy. It is wondrous.
Reviewed 23 August 2021

I didn't look at reviews before coming as this was recommended and it was a last minute escape..

It's making me sad to write this as I know the hotel is struggling with staffing. The beach is totally gone from Hurricane Maria and the pool is pretty gross. Zero maintenance and no one is cleaning during the day. Trash and clogged drains.

The rooms are not great considering the price.

But we had a rental and went to Crash Boat and Pena Blanca and made the best of it.

Hopefully this hotel sees its glory again one day.

2  Thank Megan R
Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

I'm an I Prefer member and made the reservation through their app. Rereading the hotel's description on the app after a two-night stay, it's borderline deceptive advertising. It's evident the property's owners don't care to spend on maintenance and improvements. The rooms are spartan - no decor, 1990s floors and cheap furniture. For lunch, only the poolside shack is open, and the food is basic fare and mediocre, in addition to the fact there are just a couple of tables set aside for eating, so most people eat on their lounge chairs. Since my last visit about 10 years ago, it seems the ocean has further encroached on the beach, and there's virtually no beach to speak of any longer. Outside, there's mildew and mold on surfaces - as bound to happen on a beachfront property not properly maintained. Next time I wish to be in the Añasco/Rincón area, I'll search for an Airbnb or Homeaway apartment or house.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank robertoq557
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

The location was nice, away from the craziness of San Juan but still with lots of restaurants and places to go and visit. The hotel is super clean. A little bit outdated but still worth the stay. The staff are friendly and helpful. Angely, from the front desk, gave us great recommendations so local food and beach life. We would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Get a car because although there are things to do, you’ll need to drive a short distance to get to them.
Date of stay: July 2021