“Nice location but average Food”
Review of Le Silex

Le Silex
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Hauterive
Price range: US$22 - US$86
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Nice location but average Food. We had Fish really average. Had some drinks/cocktail they didn't have all incredientse (no mints and lime for a Hugo) but still charge us for one ..... :-) which we didn't agree.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Very nice carte with original meals proposed. The St-Jacques were delicious. And excellent desserts too. Just a side note, the starter proposed with watermelon is not a starter.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Nice place to stay, right next to the lake. Food is good and the staff is friendly. A bit pricy but still worth the stop

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Went for a late lunch. Service was great but lunch offerings were limited as the kitchen was about to close when we arrived.Beautiful views of distant mountains as restaurant is right on the lakefront. We had two small children with us and were delighted to find a small playground with a mini car racetrack next to the restaurant. The children are 5 and 7 and had a wonderful time.

Reviewed 2 June 2015

I have not been a fan of this restaurant for many years as despite it being one of the best located - right on the shore of Lake Neuchatel with superb views over the lake to the Alps in the distance - I have been unimpressed with average food and service on quite a few previous visits. I was therefore worried when my wife booked for guests visiting us from the UK and ourselves to have dinner at the restaurant on Saturday night. I was therefore very pleasantly surprised at how much better the food and service turned out to be. I think it may have much to do with a smaller more focussed menu than I recall. The local Mozzarella di bufala de Travers starter was excellent. Many in the party selected one of the steak options for their main course; I selected the filets de perches. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Good selection of very local wines; we had a couple of bottles of Oeil-de-Perdrix, one each of Gerber and Rossel, and an excellent cask matured Pinot Noir Clos de la Perrière from Saint-Sébaste, Saint-Blaise. Always phone ahead to book to ensure you get a table at the front with the lake view; or outdoors on the wooden decking terrace if the weather is good.