Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stay two nights at the Duta Homestay, which has a really nice looking interior and very clean and modern rooms. The bathroom offers a shower with warm water (not really hot) and the included breakfast is simple (toast, egg, jam). Tea and coffee are always available for free as is the wifi, which has decent speed. Considering that there is no TV and that the breakfast is veeeeery basic, we think that the place is a somewhat overpriced. We could bargain and lower the price by 50000 IDR. The owner (Elli?) is nice and helpful. He explained how to get to Dieng Plateau and where to rent a motorcycle (it takes approx. 1h by bus and the motorcycle is rented in Dieng itself). Be aware that there is a mosque close by. So you'll be woken up regularly if you are a light sleeper.

Alltogether we had a good time, but for the next visit we would try to get a place with better value.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adrien N
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a beautifully done guesthouse. The house is tastefully decorated and spacious for many options to relax outside your room. There is tea, coffee, and water is always available. The rooms are large and very well done. There are many place to put your things and space to spread out. The bathroom was clean and the first we encountered in Indonesia with a fan (6+ weeks in Indonesia). There is also hot water which was actually needed as it was quite cool at this elevation.
The only thing we found lacking was the breakfast, it was just some donuts or sweet rice. For the price I would have liked to have more options and more substance. But it was nice to have something to start the day with. The other thing is that breakfast is served right outside the rooms so it's noisy start to the day if others are up before you enjoying their food. Just something to note as those staying there had 6a starts which is earlier than we are usually up!
We really enjoyed the owner and his friends. He included us in their fun one night and it was a great night with shared conversation (lucky for us they spoke very good English) and foods. They introduced us to foods we wouldn't have found on our own and we really had a great time.
Thank you for a great stay!

Room tip: All 4 rooms are great - they all have a spacious view of the garden.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank EricAndSarahSeattle
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in order to visit the Dieng plateau the following day. Location is right across the bus stop so perfectly situated. Wonosobo is a suprisingly lovely and clean town. Exceptionally beautifully decorated place. Rooms with large windows overlooking a nice garden. Owner is very kind and gives advice on places to eat and transport. I definitely recommend staying here!

Date of stay: September 2013
3  Thank Joris596
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Clean and fancy homestay. Big rooms with doors to the garden. Friendly owner. Good price/quality. We think this might be the best in town. We had a good stay and if we are back in wonosobo we would certainly go back to this place.

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank robbyenfranka
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Just got back from Wonosobo for a family formal event. My wife and I chose Wisma Duta Homestay because it was very close to the family event venue and because Kresna Hotel, the only starred hotel in this little town, was crazily overpriced and oooold.

First impression was marvelous, the common area was neat, clean, comfortably furnished with lots of collectibles. We got the king bed room, I think it was room number four, the last one on the row. We were so happy with Wisma Duta that we right away booked the other 2 empty rooms for our relatives to check in on the next day. There was no AC which was a pity because Wonosobo is not always cool and can get a little stuffy at night in confined spaces. Opening windows are not advisable because of mosquitoes.

After we showered in the clean, comfortable enough bathroom with hot water that run only during the first shower (I showered first and used up all the hot water, poor wifey), we decided to go straight to bed for the early morning event tomorrow. One hour into my deep sleep I suddenly felt a stinging pain followed by burning and itching sensation on my right arm, I woke up to find the mattress my wife and I slept on was swarming with bed bugs!! My arm, my face, my back was bitten and they were burning and itches like hell. Even as I'm writing this, I can imagine those bugs all over my body *shivers*. It was my second experience with bed bugs or what we call in Indonesia "Kutu Busuk", the first one was in a restaurant in Bali on poppy lane.

My wife woke up shortly after to find her pillow with blood marks from the squashed dead fleas that sucked her blood. The night was totally and utterly ruined. When I went outside, everything was turned off and locked, I couldn't find anybody. We didn't sleep the whole night and right away booked a "suite" at the over priced Kresna Hotel. At 6 in the morning after our driver arrived, we practically ran out of the door. We didn't tell the caretaker about the bugs, we were so upset and tired, we didn't have enough energy for any kind of confrontation.

So we ended up spending the rest of the weekend at Kresna Hotel (see my other review). and came home with itching red blotches the size of a ping pong balls all over our bodies. If the owner is reading this, you have to do an all over chemical cleaning to get rid of those bugs, because they lay invisible eggs everywhere. Even my clothing and suitcases were chemically cleaned after I stayed there.

When I told my 73 year old aunt about the bugs, she said "whoa, last time I had experience with bed bugs was during the revolution war in 1945".... that was during the world war II.

Date of stay: October 2012