US$40
DIVANGA HOSTEL(Taganga)(Great Value!)
US$27
  • Breakfast included
US$30
Taganga Paradise Hostal & Diving(Taganga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$28
US$17
La Tortuga Hostel(Taganga)(Great Value!)
US$27
Hostelworld.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$35
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2011

By Taganga standards, this place is top notch. The pool here deserves about a million stars, and the common area was great, but the room itself left much to be desired (and by much, I mean all). The music was deafening until 2 am, the sheets weren't super clean and didn't stay on the uncomfortable bed, and the room was like an oven. My friend's bed actually collapsed between the slats holding it up, and no amount of MacGyvering was able to rig it back up. So that was interesting.

I would not recommend taking their bus to Tayrona. It was supposed to leave at 9:30, but did not leave Taganga until 11, and didn't get to Tayrona until 2. It was as though it was in some sort of time vortex.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This place was the most horrible hostel in all of Colombia and Ecuador in our experience. Totally overpriced, noisy and uncomfortable. They don´t even give you towels! The sheets on the bed aren´t fitted, just top sheets so they slide when you are sleeping and you find yourself laying on bare yucky mattress!! DONT STAY

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I stayed at the Bayview for nearly three weeks nearing the end of Nov 2010. At first I loved it- great pool, internet on site, "friendly" staff, a great movie room- the works! I even tried to get my buddies who were staying over at Tortuga to swap over. A couple days in, I started hearing stories from other backpackers about their stuff going missing. I didn't believe them because I liked where I was and didn't have any stories of my own.

About a week in, some money went missing out of my bag. I was the only one in the dorm at the time, so I know it wasn't any other traveler... but when I asked the owner about it, he blew it off. I didn't pursue it because I thought it was my own fault for leaving money in my things.

Then, a mate of mine got money stolen out of her money belt that was IN THE SAFE. I was with her all day that day and the next so I know she didn't spend it or lose it. 270,000 COP went missing. I know the safe is meant to be secure- but for god's sake, they leave the keys sitting out on the front desk to the "safe" which is perched right above that. The owner started going mad when she demanded to know what had happened. He started yelling and threatening etc etc etc. He even started laying into ME because I was her mate and I was translating her side of the story for the police. He then threatened to have us deported. I was just STANDING there!!

I swear- it looks nice and the breakfasts are good.. but you'll be paying a lot more than the room fees. I tried standing up for this place to my mates that all told me to get out- and look what I got!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I am unsure where to begin. The staff, the beds, the filth in my room, the location!! All of these things factored into my worst experience yet, please don't stay here people!

Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2009

There´s very little ventilation in the rooms, even with two fans, it is very hard to sleep well in the heat. The swimming pool is a great way to cool off but you can´t sleep in the pool, can you? Also, once in a while, you´ll get a whiff of a nearby chicken coop, it lingers in the heat. Location is a little ways up the hill, away from the beach. Upside is they have a good kitchen, fridges and a filter for refilling your water bottle.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple