“First Class Rooms”
Review of Devero Hotel & SPA

Devero Hotel & SPA
Reviewed 10 July 2015

I stayed here for approx. 10 days several years ago during a business trip. I mean to return one of these days when I fly into Milan. It was a great experience except for the front desk which I suspect is no longer the case. I do not usually care to stay at modern hotels under any circumstances, especially when in Italy but I really enjoyed Devero. The rooms are large and so well designed. Huge built in closet areas that disappear into the walls. Lots of wood, texture, floor to ceiling windows with push button window coverings which you will use because the views are fields or roads, nothing scenic. The bathrooms were wonderful, with a light show in the shower. At first I thought 'give me a break - who needs that?" but it was really relaxing and such a great shower that I seriously considered replicating it when I remodeled my bathroom. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had at a hotel in Italy. The spread was very, very generous in its variety and quality and included really delicious dishes, pastries, breads, fruits, eggs, etc. I dined in the (expensive) restaurant several nights and it appeared the patrons were split between locals and business diners. I don't remember what I ordered, but everything was delicious with beautiful presentations. I do recall that I ordered carne cruda (raw chopped meat with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, w/p and shaved parmesan). I order that every chance I get when I'm in Italy (never at home) b/c the quality of beef is so good. Devero's version of this dish was wonderful. I'm planning to return in this fall for a few nights after landing Linate instead of staying near the airport or in the city.

Room Tip: Preferred the top floor (not that there are many floors)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 July 2015

The lobby is stylish, the rooms are stylish, there is a cool ambient lightning even in the shower (very nice: rain-Forrest mega head on the ceiling), there is free w-lan, a well sorted breakfast buffet and even a signature odour you smell once you enter the lobby.
Staff is friendly.
1 star reduction because of the fitness room - you definitely need to run outside the hotel. And you always have to restart the w- lan connection.
Anyways, I will come back.
Restaurants are as good as it can get, but a bit pricey. On the other side you can eat until midnight...

Room Tip: Go for the tower
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank awalbert
Reviewed 13 June 2015

Very convenient hotel on the outskirts of Milan. The staff is friendly and helpful. We reserved the penthouse suite which was extremely large and beautiful for the price we paid compared to the prices of hotel rooms in Europe. The restaurants are some of the best in the region with the main one having won a Michelin star. The restaurant staff was wonderful. Would go back.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

I stayed for four nights along with 20 colleagues from around the globe as it was convenient to our local office. The location was about the only good thing. Breakfast was short on coffee. The swimming pool was only one foot deep. The bar closes at midnight. The worst thing is the lack of air conditioner control. Everything is controlled from the front desk. I asked reception many times to cool the room. It always reverted to the hotter temperature. I went for a run and returned with my key not working. After dinner one night, the lights would not come on after putting the key in the power slot. This required another trip to "big brother " at reception to turn enable the lights. Every day there is a new WiFi password and the WiFi service is weak. The price was reasonable but not with all of these issues.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian F
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Rooms were fine but appeared cold and buisinesslike. Top restaurant with two stars in Michelin. Hence, we thought, the number two restaurant wouldn't be that bad. Well, it was! Food was completely average, service was below average, and the waterglasses that were on the table were all (eight of them) dirty and had to be swapped for som glasses that were less dirty. In total, the hotel didn't look like it has four stars.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
7.1 km away
Euro Hotel Residence
Euro Hotel Residence
#1 of 2 in Concorezzo

Been to Devero Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!