“Early diner ”
Review of Boatshed

Boatshed
Ranked #66 of 850 Restaurants in Cairns Region
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for sea food right on the marina
We had mussels and chips that were fresh and delicious
The watermelon salad starter was enough for two

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Went here on Sunday evening for a family meal. The location was great overlooking the water and the menu covered all bases
I had the Mahi Mahi which was outstanding perfectly cooked with a delicious fresh salad to go with it.
My brother had the barramundi and whilst he said it had been cooked well he felt it was a little over seasoned. My sister had the beef Ragu and again felt it was a little salty.
We then shared a couple of the delicious $5 desserts
Our waitress Eloise was absolutely delightful and made our evening very enjoyable despite not all of our food being tip top, she is a great asset to the Boatshed

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I brought my Mum and Dad to Boatshed for their wedding anniversary dinner and they loved it. The setting couldn’t be better with the restaurant located right on the marina with great sunset views out over the water. And the food was top quality. I had the eye fillet with baby carrots, potato & jus and my parents went with one of the impressive seafood dishes (chargrilled bugs & prawns). Seafood is definitely the speciality here, with most of the mains originating from the ocean. Dessert (pecan pie) was delectable. I will say, the place is expensive - $42 for the steak & $45 each for the seafood mains is not cheap, but it was well worth it for such a special occasion (and no pricier than other quality restaurants like Water Bar & Grill nearby). Boatshed delivered across the board on the night in question so well done to the team.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous spicy seafood linguine for two... loved every bite!
People-focused staff, Lulu was great, and an all round great dinner experience on the promenade.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The harbour front bustles mid-week as we spy an empty table. The atmosphere has energy and the meals represent value for money. I shared a seafood platter that was surprisingly full of, you know, actual seafood......fish, bugs, calamari and prawns. One of my companions had a bowl of mussels of which she was unable to eat the entire contents. On the next table a young tourist devoured a very large T-bone steak. Bills can also be split on request.