All reviews tulip room magnolia cottage ladghar beach open bathroom front office swimming pool restaurant staff valley view various activities saffron suite f b special thanks the general manager air hockey the cottages folk dance ala carte
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2020 via mobile

First trip after the entire lockdown experience and it was totally worth it.. the resort is clean and they take all the necessary precautions.. As soon as we reached we were welcomed by Pooja who is very friendly and welcoming. Also mention for Shivaji, Vijay and other restaurant staff as we had been there for my anniversary and the decorations they made were outstanding.. they saw to it that cake and food and drinks were as per our requirement.. fresh and tasty fish.. made our day.. Staff is really hard working.. The rooms are also spacious and clean.. view from the room is also amazing.. definitely will visit again..

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2020

We recently visited the property and initially were slightly worried about the stay specially due to the Covid 19 pandemic but must admit the hotel experience and the stay was outstanding ,all the precautions measures including the dining at the restaurant made us feel so comfortable and secured , loved the view from the cottage it was outstanding , the hospitality specially the front office Pooja was so courteous and the entire ambiance including the food was delightful, would definitely recommend this place and would visit again very soon

Reviewed 8 December 2020 via mobile

We visited The Fern Samali Resort Dapoli second time and both the time we truly had an amazing experience. We stayed in saffron suite and the room and the view from balcony deserves an applaud. The property has a lot of activities, like playing area, indoor games and a spa. The main attraction of the resort is their Zhilan restaurant which serves mouthwatering delicacies. Try their Prawns biryani, kombadi wade, Butter Chicken, Murgh Musallam, Thai food. Also don't miss the desserts and specially #Gadbad. Big shout out for restaurant staff - Shivaji, Vijay and Pratik. The staff is extremely helpful and made our stay extremely comfortable, special thanks to Mr. Punit. Ladghar beach is within 10 mins reach of the resort and it is a very clean and beautiful beach.
We completely loved our stay here and would definitely visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2020

I had been here on 3rd Dec 2020. I stayed here for two nights with my family. This is a very good place to stay. They are following all the protocols during this pandemic.
- The rooms are in top condition (2 aadults + 2 kids, Tulip Room is recommended).
- I had opted for all meals. They had a buffet system and guest were not allowed to touch anything. They had two of their staff standing all the time at the counter to serve.
- All their staff were wearing masks. They were very polite and helpful as well
- On the second day they visited all the rooms to check for temperature.
- Food was very very good, their mango shake is a must-have, mangos are from their own farms. They take the pulp and store it so the taste is authentic.

Pooja mam was very helpful in the entire booking process. Earlier I had done an online booking for a particular room which I later found that the room I had booked had an open to sky washrooms (Lillian room). So I called the resort and Pooja mam helped me with the new bookings.

People travelling from Pune, recommend taking the Tamhini Ghat road as other options are bad.

Room tip: Tulip Room for valley view (1st-floor rooms)
Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

The location - Excellent
Good location, nestled amongst the hills of the western ghats. Enjoy the fresh air and nature and the beautiful drives to nowhere in particular.

If you are a cycling, trekking or hiking enthusiast, there are many options to enjoy.

There are a number of beaches nearby (not sandy but clayey). The sea is visible in the distance. There are some boats for dolphin spotting and some water scooters. We did not venture due to COVID threats. But must be fun and I wish I could.

The rooms - Good
We booked the second highest room (Lillian cottage). The room was comfortable with a sit out. It had a sunset view. The bathroom was open to sky which we knew. There was a small pond next to the bathroom and lots of plants. When my wife went to the bathroom in the evening she saw a frog next to the basin. She refused to stay in this room and we moved into the Saffron suite.

The suite was good. Large bedroom and a larger sitting/dining room with a pantry. It had a sofa-cum-bed for the second couple or children.

One and half bathroom which is specially useful if two couples or children are staying in the suite.

While the beds were comfortable the sofa could be better.

Beautiful view of the western ghat hills and a beautiful sunrise.

The resort - average
The resort itself is not very big. The lawns are unusable. Decent plants, but overall a little rundown. Of course this could in part be due to the long lockdown because of COVID. However it didn’t seem to offer much by way of outdoor activities within the resort.

The food - good
Huge a la carte selection. Indian, Continental, Chinese, Goan, Malwani. A good buffet spread for every meal. Good quality and taste. We tried a little of all their cuisines and enjoyed them.

The chef and the waiters did their best within their means and for this I must compliment them. When I say within their means, I mean (for eg), this is a coastal town with seafood it’s specialty. However I could not get a pomfret boneless dish because the pomfrets they had were very small. I asked if they could get a big one for my next meal; they could not! This was the only disappointment regarding food.

And be prepared to share your mealtime with the cat that is just impossible to get rid of!!

The staff - excellent
Very courteous and helpful. Deserve compliments.

The roads - horrible
Horrible. Can’t blame the resort but driving just about 230 kms took a little over 6 hours! Not worth driving there, but no other way to reach.

The price - mixed
The price we booked the original Lillian rooms was good and the price of the Saffron suite would also be good if we were two couples.

However the suite for just the two of us was not worth the price.

For just a couple, at the price of the suite, there are much better options and with easier access from Mumbai available. Of course Goa has by far much better options. We had originally booked Goa, but had to cancel because of the government’s COVID rules of traveling from another state.

Conclusion - average
The place is okay for one visit. The deal breaker is getting there.

Furthermore, if one is not into cycling, trekking, hiking, etc then this is not the best option.

Go for the other options or go to Goa. Much better value for money and much more to do and see.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple