All reviewsfixed pricequiet locationfree car parkingeurocodereceptionboris
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

A decent hotel overall for £31 a night per person, clean and spacious room and comfy bed. Nice location too by the river. Staff could have been more friendly though. On site bar and restaurant ok but a bit pricey for what it was.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martin P
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I have previously stayed here and enjoyed the stay, and while visiting the area have come back.

The rooms are comfortable and roomy. The bathrooms are not a bad size (not huge, but not compact either). The bathrooms vary from some have a shower over a bath or ones that just have a shower.

There is a TV in the room, but only shows French TV (for those British visitors wanting some or 1/2 English channels).

There is free car parking in the front & one side of the hotel.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel that offers an 'A la carte menus; & a fixed price (18 euro) 3 course dinner. The food is adequate if you have had a long day travelling and didn`t fancy driving out somewhere. The starter menu has changed since last visit as there is no cold buffet starters for dinner on this visit (as there was on my last visit). The Bar prices seem okay for hotel prices & cheaper than the ones in the local brassiere in Saint Arnoult! the is an external patio area nice for an evening drinks before dinner.

The Swimming pool was closed on this visit (beginning of April) for those die hard swimmers.

The hotel is set in a quiet location and there are nice walks next to the river.

Reception is closed from 11pm, and for those late back from dinner/Event there is a coded door adjacent to reception. Remember your room key for the code!

Would I come again? Yes

Would I recommend to others? yes

The hotel is

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a night on our way down to Bordeaux. At £45 a night it is cheap. It is also recently refurbished, so modern and clean. Fitted our needs perfectly!

Reception was cheerful and efficient.

Overall a great experience!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here while on holiday in the area for four nights. The hotel is set in a quiet location.

The rooms where clean, beds where comfy, and loads of free car parking around the hotel.

There is free complimentary wifi & tv's in the room (for British viewers there isn't any British tv channels currently shown, but may change in the future).

The hotel has a restaurant that caters for both breakfast & dinner. Breakfast was a good selection of continental variety for the money. Evening meal was either a la cartel or a €18 fixed price (3 course meal) which I felt was worth the money.

If you wanted to eat out from the hotel, it's a long walk or a short drive/taxi ride to alternative eating establishments.

The swimming pool was open during my stay (9am - to late) & a sauna on the first floor. I didn't use either during my stay, but the pool was of a reasonable size.

The check in & out procedure was faultless & the staff friendly.

The reception closes at 11pm, and entry is a code on a (separate) entry door beside the main reception door. I'm unsure of how late check I'm occurs.

Would I come again? Most defiantly

Would I recommend to others? Yes

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I have stayed her on a number of occasions, it had been 8 years since I was last here.
In the intervening years there have been some changes but it still has the same friendly atmosphere.

The rooms vary, some have more space than others. They are clean and the beds are comfortable.
(The way the bed is made up by house cleaning is very amateurish, it is like a 12 year old making their own bed. The duvet is simply pulled up over the pillows with no attempt to make it look nice)

The reception and bar are one with a small seated area. Though there is also a terrace outside.

Breakfast is buffet style and had a pretty good selection, cereal, breads, yogurt, cheese, meats etc.

The restaurant is adequate but I only use it when I return late and do not want to venture out for dinner.
Tho the food is nothing special it is good value, they have a set menu deal (the formula) where you can have an open buffet for starter, a choice of two mains and a buffet dessert bar, all for less than €20.

What makes the Kyriad stand out from the usual budget hotels is the manager and his staff. Boris has been there for years and is a very friendly and welcoming character, he has a great sense of humour and his lead is followed by his staff who are excellent and making you feel welcome, feel like this is your local bar.

Budget hotel, budget facilities but 5 star staff.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Boris B, Gérant at Kyriad Deauville - Saint Arnoult, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear guest,
We are very thankful you took time to share your opinion about our hotel.
Our main aim is to satisfy our guests so we are glad if you enjoyed your stay.
Know that the 5-star staff would be really pleased to welcome you soon again!!!
Best regards,