• Restaurant
Putten Seter(Hovringen)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Formoseter(Hovringen)
All reviewscakesexcellent foodtea and coffeefantastic staycross country skiskiingmealsurroundingsopportunitiesnetwork
Reviewed 28 February 2018

For us, an active winter vacation means langlaufen in Rondane. An excellent and superbly interconnected network of loipes with nice huts to rest, warm up and enjoy a good cup of coffee, tea or chocolates with waffles.
But, the pinnacle of the experience is getting home again in the Høvringen Fjellstue and enjoy the lovely cakes, tea and coffee at the end of a day skiing. This is followed by an exquisite evening meal provided by our hosts, Marit and Tormod: they really know how to cook.
So, if you’re not only interested in skiing but also favour a first-rate meal, the Fjellstue is the place to be.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Tormod O, Leder  at Hovringen Fjellstue, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. It's nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the food got such a good score from you.
We hope to see you again another year.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Very nice family-run hotel with great food, good room with excellent view, very neat and tidy dining and sitting areas in traditional Norwegian style, excellent skiing tracks (cross country) right outside the door. Nothing to complain about! Hosts Marit and Tormod (mother and son) are doing an excellent job in making everyone feel at home and have a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. It's nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again another time, summer or winter.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We had a great time at Høvringen Fjellstue. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The service and food made us feel like family. Great location for short or long hikes in the beautiful Rondane mountains. This is the place to stay while visiting the area. I hope we get a chance to come back. Thank you, Marit!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We very much enjoyed our 3 night stay in early August. The hotel was our base for hiking Rondane national park, seeing the musk ox in Dovrefjell, and hiking Besseggen ridge. The 3/4 board option was great so we could pack a lunch with us. If you need to leave early before breakfast hours, they will pack a lunch for you. The food was great and they give you a lot of it! I asked ahead of time if they could make vegetarian meals and it was no problem. The best meals I had on the trip and very creative! They have a 3 course dinner (some days are buffet but not when we were there). The breakfast is a buffet and they had a nice selection. In the afternoon there is coffee, tea, and cake.

We stayed in the lodge part and the room was a good size by European standards. It was a basic room, but had hairdryer, bathroom supplies and the lodge has good wifi. No TV, but that was not a problem for us. The bed was comfortable. All the hotel staff was very nice. There is a very big lounge / sitting area near the front of the lodge and it was nice to sit there with some coffee and cake in the afternoon.

The lodge and food was a great value for the price and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2016

My room appeared to not have been touched since the 70's. It was clean enough, but very small with an even smaller bathroom and no TV. Wifi is good though, and doesn't cost anything extra to use, and there is a nice lounge where you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or a drink.
I payed for full board, and so I could make my own packed lunch to take out with me. Dinner was buffet some evenings, and some days it was a three course meal served at the table. I asked beforehand if I could have vegetarian food, but when I asked for it at the hotel I was told I could eat salad and potatoes.
I would not stay at Hövringen Fjellstue again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends