All reviews the river across the bridge one night lovely place the main street an amazing view hotel restaurant medieval village first class ad castle spa parking gem building dinner entrance
Reviewed 18 September 2015

My girlfriend and I stopped one night at Ad Gallias on our tour of Northern Italy. What a beautiful surprise these 24 hours were!
From our greeting by Gian Luca and his team, the amazing design, lighting and detail work done to the hotel by the owner, the spa, the wine shop... everything was perfect! Our room was cozy and a great dinner for 2 with a good Italian bottle of wine for 65 Euros was probably the best value we had our entire trip.
I strongly recommend you stop in Bard and discover this Oasis of Aosta - and the Forte di Bard of course!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2015

My husband & I chose Bard & Ad Gallias by chance when in Italy for business & needing a quiet place to retreat to for the weekend. WOW!
Please ignore the slightly intimidating parking (you unload just off of the main road & then park). We parked in the parkade at the Fortress & walked with our bags...not a problem at all. In fact we left our car there the entire weekend as it was inexpensive & easy but there is also free parking across the bridge.
Immediately upon entering we were greeted by Giovanni, quite possibly the best manager of an establishment we have ever come across! We enjoyed our many conversations with him during our stay & he, along with Gian Luca & Chiara (my apologies if my spelling is incorrect) were so wonderful in making sure our stay was beyond expectations.
The food was fantastic...we had been recommended to try to Lard D'anard (again my spelling may be off) in advance & it was one of the best dishes I have ever had. I actually had it twice in our 3 nights there! The prices are very reasonable for this level of food. The wine selection & cellar along with the available tour would be a wine lovers' highlight!
The spa is small & cozy & SO relaxing.
Our room was lovely & had a view of the river.
We walked through Bard & Hone (over the bridge) & were so taken with just how relaxing & beautiful it all was.
Both my husband & I have travelled the world & have been lucky enough to stay in some pretty spectacular places & this, along with my husband's 25 years in the restaurant business give us some good perspective...Hotel AD Gallais, with it's magical setting, superior food & wine & probably most importantly the fantastic staff is an experience not to be missed. It is so very much worth the beautiful drive to get there!
We loved it so much we have already booked our next stay there in the end of July when we return to Italy! I am looking forward to seeing all of the flower planters we saw everywhere during our visit in March, this time full of flowers...it might even make our after dinner strolls more romantic! (is that possible?)

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2015 via mobile

We have been there just for a night. The hotel it's very nice and the room are small but romantic. You go there just for visiting the castle since it's in middle of nowhere. Considering the location and the position the hotel it's too expensive

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 3 May 2015

We stayed at many hotels different cities over the years, we must say this is one of the best 4 star hotels and good value for your money . Room, facility and amenities were very clean, staff was really nice and helpful. Food at the restaurant was wonderful and not expensive. We would return again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2014

I recently returned from a really lovely trip to Italy, and one of the places that made it so memorable was the hotel AD Gallias. Fortunately I did my homework, consulting Trip Advisor in order to find this fabulous hotel. I cannot not say enough about their attention to absolutely every detail; in the renovation of what was once a series of abandoned historic houses, in the gentle and gracious welcome provided at check in, by the relaxed comfort of the dining room and the delicious meals provided by the kitchen, and the extremely comfortable bedrooms and well appointed bathrooms. Due to an unfortunate case of vertigo, I wasn't able to sample their spa facility, but if it is anything like everything else offered by this exceptional hotel, I am sure it too would be memorable. Comfortable beds, beautiful warm wooden paneling, and in the bathrooms elegant and luxurious hardware and accessories. A perfect balance between the historic and modern, kudos to its talented architect. A gorgeous place to escape to and rejunvenate along the historic Road to Gaul where you are lulled to sleep by the sound of the glacial blue waters of the river Dora Baltea flowing across the street.

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 separate buildings. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the main building (the blue one and not the one above the spa) where both the reception area and the dining room are located. While Bard is not a spot which goes until the wee hours of the night, a quieter option would definitely be that building off of the main drag through the village. Rooms on the 3rd floor have ceilings reaching up under the eaves to the roof, and there are also rooms available facing the rocky hillside to which the structure is closely configured
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple