“Safari visit”

Cat Conservation Trust
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Cradock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Conservation centre for the indigneous small cats of Africa. See and learn about the CITIES Appendix I Blackfooted Cat (aka small spotted cat), African wild cat, Serval and Caracal. Informative fully guided tours have to be prebooked. We are involved in education, conservation and research of these species.
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I was hunting on Richard & Marion's property, and we went with Marion one afternoon when she feed the cats. Marion was very knowledgable about the cats, and we could tell she really cared about the work they are doing there. The information she covered was very interesting.

All reviews
"information"
in 4 reviews
"drive"

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

While traveling through the East Cape, I came upon the Cat Conservancy in Cradock SA. This aroused an interest within, so my friend and I arranged a tour of the facility. We were greeted by Marion Holmes, who runs the program. She gave us an extensive tour and we learned so much about these smaller forgotten, but vital African cat species. We were fortunate to experience feeding time, so we got to see the cats come out of their hiding places. To me, it was as exciting as seeing a leopard or lion. The plight for these small cats is an uphill battle. However Marion is most dedicated and sacrifices much of her own time in an effort to prevent the potential extinction of these smaller African cats. A wonderful cause. I hope to come back again someday. Thank you Marion...

Reviewed 17 December 2015

This is a wonderful place to be. Far away from all the hazzle you will find Marion and her little african wildcats. Marion is a great source of information about these endangered species. Don't miss the feeding in the afternoon. Here you will see how much Marion loves all the animals and you can get informations about every single cat and why it is necessary to take care of these not often recognized animals.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

The cat conservation trust or also known as Karoo Cats is a project/sanctuary where people care about the smaller things in live. I have been more then one occasion at the cat conservation trust and also was fortunate to be involved in some release/re-location projects with them. The difference between the cat conservation trust and other wildlife projects/sanctuary is that other places are looking/concentrating on BIG animals/cats so that they can attract tourist, the cat conservation trust focus just on the smaller predators...............sometimes we forget about them because it's always leopard, cheetah and lion when it comes to us as visitors. Those big cats I can go and see anytime at any big game reserve, but when ever were you lucky to see a serval, wildcat or black footed cat on a reserve.......they so small and illusive that on game reserves we drive past them without seeing them. That's why I like to visit the cat conservation trust, I get to see these small predators that we forget about and not only see them, but get a educational talk on them. I do recommend anybody in that area and that would like to see something different and amazing, make sure to make a stop there and support this amazing project and people who is trying to make a difference.