Gamirasu Cave Hotel
US$61
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,009 results
All reviewssmall villageturkeynearest townking suiteunique hotelfree shuttlehoneymoon suiteamazing placeamazing experiencejacuzzi bathkayseri airportonce in a lifetimevisiting cappadociawould highly recommend this hotelday tourcaveemre
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Our trip to Cappadocia and stay at the Gamirisu Hotel was, for me, the highlight of our 11 day trip to Turkey. The accommodations are so unique and comfortable at the same time. We were traveling with our two adult daughters and stayed in the Superior Family Suite with two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a sitting area. It was perfect for our needs. We found no need to adventure out for dinner after hiking and touring all day. The hotel restaurant had great food. While we were there it was my husband's birthday and the staff and chef dimmed the lights and arrived singing Happy Birthday with a lovely fruit platter. The hotel staff were quite accommodating and friendly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ved
Reviewed 11 July 2009

This hotel shows Turkey as it is: friendly, good kitchen from a great location, near to historical sites surrounded by nature. Absolutely recommendable!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Molen61
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I stayed at the Gamirasu for three nights and had a hard time leaving. Yes its a little far from Urgup, but that was a benefit. They have a free shuttle to Urgup square, which gets you there in 15 minutes. The location away from the main town added to the true experience of staying in a cave!!

I checked out other cave hotels, and none of them compared to the standard of the Gamirasu. The service was incredible. Our first night we were in a deluxe room and the heater wasn't working, so they upgraded us to a suite with a balcony!!!! The staff was so friendly and amazing. Also, I left my hat on the plane, the manager was not only able to track it down, but she overnighted it to my hotel in Istanbul. I don't know any hotel in the US that would do this.

I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Cappadocia. Oh and if you are looking for a great travel agency to book tours/travel in Cappadocia, contact Magic Valley Tours (family run friendly business) with great rates.

Enjoy magical Cappadocia!!

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank sfshopper3627
Reviewed 29 May 2009

even though we had to wait for our room this place was excellent
breakfast was great...dinner was fine, but i would recc. the aravan evi rest. over the one at the hotel unless the chef does something more interesting than meatballs..he is quite a talented cook so if there is something else on the menu try it...
we got caught with the cash discount thing..only works if your bring euros...don't bother if you're going to have your money converted into ytl..use your credit card..hotel exchange here and whereever the "discount" is given is much too high to be worth the hassle of carrying so much cash....i definetely would go back to this place next time in urgurp area!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank docajv
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I spent three magical days and nights at the Gamirasu Hotel. Living and sleeping in a gorgeous room created within a cave gave me the sense of beauty, safety and wonder all at once. My room had a seating area with a panoramic view of the whole area, a king sized bed in an upstairs cave room and a bathroom with a whirlpool tub and walk in shower. The tub also had a view!! The staff was warm, welcoming and efficient. Our tour group arrived late the night we arrived. The restaurant staff had prepared a three course meal for us which was served at 10 pm when we arrived exhausted and tired. It was like arriving home and being welcomed. The staff arranged for many outdoor adventures for our group including hot air ballooning, horse back riding, hiking, and going to the Turkish baths. I went on a sunrise hot air balloon ride which was the highlight of my three week trip. To fly over the caves and fairy chimneys and see the grandeur and magnificence of the area was breath taking. Two young women at the hotel, Hilal and Asli, took especially good care of me and guided me into parts of the caves at the hotel where there was an ancient Byzantine chapel. They were gracious and warm throughout the visit making sure my needs were met and that my time at the hotel was fun and joy filled. Upon my return home, I find I often return to the Gamirasu Cave Hotel in my day dreams and in my conversations with friends. This place and its people have a very special place in my heart.

• Stayed: April 2009