Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I went here in January 2018 , for 10 days . Not only is it a stunningly beautiful and quiet location with perfect weather , but extremely accommodating from the locals and even more so with Val , the owner of the Lazy Turtle. She arranged the activities, with some amazing and kind locals, that I wanted to experience such are river tours and fishing , as well as all my transportation inquiries. I used the Lazy Turtle as my"base camp" during my adventures and it worked out beautifully .
The room was spacious and provided me with everything i needed. the food and cooking staff were great ! The whole experience was so comforting and has warmed my heart to this day .
Anyone who wishes to experience Nicaragua , I highly recommend spending some time in the Lazy Turtle and soak up as much of the environment , the people , and all the wonderful aspects of this little piece of paradise.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Lazy Turtle is one of my favorite places in Las Peñitas! Great food! I had tacos and a burger, everything was cooked to perfection and delicious! Good atmosphere too! I found myself chatting with the owner and some regulars until closing more than once!

This place is highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This was my destination for my first trip to central America, and it was absolutely amazing. Val and Ryan were so incredibly friendly, and truly made the place feel like home. The food was fantastic, rooms were comfortable, and the people were great. I went with a buddy and we're in our mid 20s, and they were so helpful with making it a great trip. Can't recommend this place highly enough. I will be back!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank robertfleming0428
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Had a Great time in Las Penitas ! My wife & I recently travelled to Las Penitas ,Nicaragua.we both love the beach life so we found a great place to stay at the Lazy Turtle hosted by Val,& Ryan . They were very helpful in all our plans & adventures in this beautiful area ! Paul & Valerie Madsen

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We visited the bar/restaurant several times while staying in Las Penitas. We would love to have stayed here as well but their rooms were all booked up. This is a great place to hangout for visitors and ex-pats alike. Run by two Canadians, it is a warm and friendly place. Owner Val went out of her way to assist me with a problem. She is one of the kindest and most genuine people you will ever meet. Love you Val.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple