“Worth the drive ”

Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Lake Country
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Andreas Di Maggio opened l'isola bella bistro in 2007 ,his cuisine has been popular ever since. From delicious pastas to excellent homemade sauces .Fresh salads to testy appetizers. It has been a rewarding experience for Andreas and his staff.
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

In charming Lake country, there is a small Italian restaurant featuring Sicilian cuisine. Our first two dishes were very tasty but we all felt the main course was good but not exceptional. There is a lack of ambience but it still feels quaint - just not memorable. Worth trying but by a big wow

1  Thank GuyoftheGlobe

Reviewed 12 November 2017

You better book ahead at this midsize little bistro. We went to this restaurant twice while on a quick one week break from the big city life. Both times they asked if we had reservations. Once they learned we didn’t we were relegated to the back of an invisible line. Mayberry it made them feel like a big city restaurant. Despite our status in the overflow line, we managed to get seated on the deck out front. We wanted a quiet spot and we certainly got one. The food was worth the hassles. The home style salad dressing was so appetizing we asked if they sold it as take out.Much to our surprise, they did!
Service from our waitress was better than expected given the reservation problem encountered at the beginning of our visit. You go to restaurants for the food and ultimately this restaurant rated highly on both service and taste. Did I mention both visits to tthe bistro there were plenty of vacant tables?

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Great food, Generous portions. It's a smallish retsueaunt, so on busy times expect a bit of a wait. Reservations are a must on Friday and Saturday.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We were attending a John McDermott concert and stumbled upon this little gem of a restaurant. My expectations were low as I thought that it might be a local hangout for students who attend the high school across the street. Having grown in the Italian district of Vancouver, I thought it would be unlikely for this place to measure up to real Italian Cuisine. Things started out on a low level as the server made us feel that we should consider ourselves lucky they could seat us without a reservation. We had planned this evening a few months earlier as a lead-up to our 38th Anniversary which was just around the corner. It was obvious that the server did not think that this might be a special occasion for two men out for dinner together. The candle on our table was never lit like the rest and she never told us anything about the menu or the dinner special that we later heard being described to other customers. My spouse was served a different beer than he had ordered but didn't complain. Salads were sort of plopped on the table even though there was no advance mention of the salad or a possible choice of dressing. I believe the salad ingredients bounced a bit on the plates when they hit the table. Things picked up when the food arrived although bread arrived at an awkward time after we had finished half the meal so I didn't want to enjoy it with my wine before dinner. I think the bread was more of an afterthought. I had the seafood linguini and my spouse had the lasagna. We were both very satisfied with the dinner but wondered what some other people at the theatre raved about when we told them where we had eaten. We both agreed that if you excused the less than satisfactory service, we would have given this restaurant our highest rating for the food. It's a shame when uninspired servers can spoil a good thing.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We have tried L'Isola Bella a couple of times since we moved here 9 months ago. Both experiences were mediocre at best. The staff is friendly, and the service is good but the food is not very good. I found the Spaghetti Marinara to be boring. The sauce is fine but kind of tasteless and the meatballs tasted like the frozen ones we buy at Costco. The Chicken Parmesan was also boring, over cooked and chewy. Hoping the first time was just an off night, my husband tried it again last visit but it was the same. We gave this restaurant a second chance but we won't be back.

1  Thank Rachel G