“Excellent ”

Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Lake Country
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Andreas Di Maggio opened l'isola bella bistro in 2007 ,his cuisine has been popular ever since. From delicious pastas to excellent homemade sauces .Fresh salads to testy appetizers. It has been a rewarding experience for Andreas and his staff.
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Great food great service great prices in pleasant surroundings, can’t fault it. If you are in Lake Country you won’t be disappointed so check it out.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

You definitely need reservations for this place as it s very small and very popular. Wait staff are friendly but need a bit of work on dealing with a packed house. Food was really good. Would definitely go back to try some of the other dishes.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We were told about this restaurant and were not disappointed. Very clean appearance which is a good first impression. Friendly staff greeted us when we entered. Large, large portions of delicious Italian dishes. We will certainly be back here - and we're glad we found this gem.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Whenever I visit Lake Country, I always go to my favourite, Riccardo's Mediterranean Grill. However, I had just found out that it had changed ownership and didn't want to be disappointed that it would not be as I remembered it. I checked online for other restaurants, saw L'Isola Bella nearby and decided to give it a try. It was a Tuesday evening, so it wasn't busy.

The wine list is rather limited, so being a wine geek, I was very pleased to find out that they only charge a $12 corkage fee. I went out to my car and grabbed one of the bottles I had bought that day while touring wineries. That made things perfect.

I enjoyed the fresh bread with oil and balsamic while I waited for my main. When the Linguini Neptuno (Scallops and shrimp sauteed in a white wine and garlic Rosé sauce, served over linguini and topped with prawns) arrived, it looked very inviting and I was intrigued by the baked cheese on top. I quite liked it.

The meal was very tasty, the service was good and I had enough left over for a nice lunch the next day.

The restaurant is not big, the ambiance is OK and there is no view, but the food is very good, the portions ample and all at reasonable prices. I definitely recommend you give them a try (bring your own wine if you are fussy like me).

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I brought my visiting mother and grandmother to this restaurant hoping that it lived up to the reputation it was given on trip advisor. Even Though it is currently number two in the Lake Country area I was still surprised at the quality of the food and the ample size of the servings. For starters we ordered a half litre of wine which was very reasonably priced at $18 for a nice cab sav and as an appetizer ordered the bruschetta. It was a nice array of tomatoes, Cheese and some spices and herbs served on a cute little pita bread. After that came a nice little house salad with what seemed to be a very homemade dressing which was fantastic! Then the meals came, the chicken mushroom ravioli was a good size serving and very flavorful, the shrimp and scallop Neptuno which I custom ordered with Alfredo sauce was amazing, I did not even realize that it came with baked cheese which added a whole other level for me. the spaghetti and meatballs was another monstrous portion that we easily could have shared. Unfortunately we did not have room for dessert this particular night but we look forward to going back very soon to try all the other options. Most of the dishes are around the $15 range which is very reasonable and will keep me coming back. Thank you to the chef for serving such wonderful food! And of course the waitress was excellent at her job as well. Another night turned out wonderfully thanks to all the contributors on trip advisor. Keep up the good work in helping all us foodies find all these hidden gems. Please hit helpful if this review makes you want to go there!

1  Thank seanola