“Discouraging!!”

Aspen Grove Golf Club
Ranked #33 of 45 Restaurants in Lake Country
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Tried to book a game for myself , my wife and our 4 year old grandson, a terrific golfer by the way, and was told that they do not allow children under the age of 8 on the course. Nothing to do with pace of play as we would never allow that. Is this the way they encourage junior golf or is this game just for "older people" there. First time this issue has ever happened to us so we will not be supporting Aspen Grove ever again, no matter what our grandson's age. There are plenty of other courses that deserve our business and actually encourage young golfers. This could have been a lifetime member. Very disappointing. I would give it a zero rating if I could.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a tee time at this golf course with a couple of friends and were very disappointed in the extremely unfriendly service we received. When we booked the tee time we made sure that it would be alright if we brought our children and they said that it would be totally fine. When we got there we made sure our children were riding in the cart at all times. The course was not busy so we did not slow anyone down because there was no one behind us throughout the whole round. For some reason the staff approached us a number of times throughout the round to tell us about the rules such as staying off the greens, which we had never went on in the first place. After we finished our round the staff told us to make sure not to bring children again in the future as "supposedly" we should have never brought them in the first place. When we asked to speak to the manager about this, the manager got confrontational and even threatened us with the police. It was a very disappointing experience for our little group. We used to come here each year when on vacation but this will have been the last time we will be going to the Aspen Grove Golf course.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I went golfing here today and all I can say is BRUTAL!!!!. Greens are in really bad shape and some of them a good 50% of the green is dirt and dead grass. It also looks like they have chosen not cut the rough as it was a good 4 inches long. Fwys look good but thats about it. I have heard that the course is due to be closed in a few yrs so Im pretty sure they are just running it into the ground. Pay a little more and go to a real golf course as I know I will.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We played golf here last year and we decided to come back and we weren't disappointed. The greens are in great shape for this time of year and for $15 bucks you definitely get your monies worth.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 18 September 2016

4 of us did a round of 18 holes on this par 3, very nice people and relaxed rules, not so stuffy. It was a beautiful day and we had fun here. It put the fun back in golfing, or our attempt at it any way.

Date of visit: September 2016