“Another birthday meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious mussels gf exceptionally good, beautiful medallions of beef in a stilton sauce, good value in a nice location.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Had a wonderful meal here yesterday, 14 August 2017. Son chose the Hearty Burger and I ate the chicken and stilton pie - I must learn to choose lighter bites as it beat me. Home-made food of high quality and friendly and helpful staff. Ideal for a Monday lunch-time (or any other lunch-time for that matter).

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have been here three times now since the family moved to the local area and have been impressed everytime. The staff are always very polite and very accommodating. Despite always being busy in there they have always managed to find us a table. We last went on a visit for my birthday and there were 6 of us. Everyone was impressed, the sunday dinners were being raved about and the burger that I had was yummy too. The drink selection is what you would expect of a local pub and always has something on offer for everyone. The atmosphere is always very pleasant and we have never left unhappy. For the quality of the food this is very good value and we will definitely be coming back again soon.

2  Thank Beki C
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We are local to the area and often pop in for early doors and a meal. The atmosphere is great and the staff are always friendly. Went for a meal last night, where the staff member, Rosie, was extremely helpful with my Autistic son and along with the chef met his needs really well with regards to his meal. Thank you! We look forward to seeing them again.
The Holmesies

Reviewed 28 July 2017

There were about 30 of us and the pub had arranged seating for us in an outside covered area. It was a lovely sunny, warm day so this worked very well. Most of our group had a main meal which all looked very nice. My partner and I chose to have soup as we were having a meal elsewhere that evening. The soup was very flavoursome and we enjoyed it, our only criticism being that we were not overly struck on the bread that came with it. It didn't seem to be very fresh and was going a little dry. We thought that maybe it had been sliced and left sitting on the side for too long. Some fresh crusty bread would have been much nicer!