“We've been twice, and are going again. Lovely place. ”

The Hearty Goodfellow
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Southwell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I live in market Rasen, and her mum (who is 83) lives in Collingham. We'd been looking for the last 8 years for a nice pub local to her, and had been to a wide variety with hit and miss results, until we found the hearty good fellow.

I can't recommend the place enough. Lovely atmosphere / decor, all wood, wood burning stoves, and a great bar. On our first visit I had the nicest pint of porter I have ever tasted! Each time we've visited we've had Sunday lunch, and each time it's been generous, good quality and tasty.

The service is great, staff are friendly, parking is good. It's all round a great pub and it's a good job we live a way away otherwise I'd be the size of an articulated truck!

1  Thank helenmiddlerasen

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious mussels gf exceptionally good, beautiful medallions of beef in a stilton sauce, good value in a nice location.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Had a wonderful meal here yesterday, 14 August 2017. Son chose the Hearty Burger and I ate the chicken and stilton pie - I must learn to choose lighter bites as it beat me. Home-made food of high quality and friendly and helpful staff. Ideal for a Monday lunch-time (or any other lunch-time for that matter).

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have been here three times now since the family moved to the local area and have been impressed everytime. The staff are always very polite and very accommodating. Despite always being busy in there they have always managed to find us a table. We last went on a visit for my birthday and there were 6 of us. Everyone was impressed, the sunday dinners were being raved about and the burger that I had was yummy too. The drink selection is what you would expect of a local pub and always has something on offer for everyone. The atmosphere is always very pleasant and we have never left unhappy. For the quality of the food this is very good value and we will definitely be coming back again soon.

2  Thank Beki C
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We are local to the area and often pop in for early doors and a meal. The atmosphere is great and the staff are always friendly. Went for a meal last night, where the staff member, Rosie, was extremely helpful with my Autistic son and along with the chef met his needs really well with regards to his meal. Thank you! We look forward to seeing them again.
The Holmesies