“Ok but not great!!!!”

La Piedra
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We went on a Saturday afternoon, First the directions that they gave me were wrong. We were lost for 30 minutes until we talk to man that give us the correct directions. After we arrived the restaurant have a very simple decoration. The weather in Aibonito was great. The food took almost 45 minutes to be served and arrived cold. After eating we went to El Balconcito Criollo and that place was great. Food smells delicious and the service and ambiance was GREAT!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I called to make reservations at El Torro de Piedra Restaurant for 2 adults and 2 children both under 6 years old on Friday, February 10, 2012. My reservation was set for Sunday, February 12. We got to the restaurant at 2:50pm, the restaurant was packed and they only had four waitress attending. We waited for a table around 15 minutes. For a waiter to take our order we had to wait an additionally 30 minutes. In our order we had the coupon for a Paella Valenciana and two sangrias. In additional we ordered two burgers with fries for the kids and a sampler platter. At 4:00pm we received the drinks and at 4:30pm the sampler platter. It was 5:00pm and we were still waiting for the meal; not even the kids got their burgers. My kids were desperate so I decided to go to the front counter and ask why is taking so long for the burgers. The waitress informed me that it was on it’s way. We waited 15 minutes more. At 5:15pm and we decided to cancel the order. One of the waitress came to our table to apologize for the delay and told us that the reason of the delay is because one of the chef’s resigned.... My husband was so furious that he replied to her that there were some other guest that came after us and they had their meals. Some other complaints from other guests that were waiting was their lousy service and impossible to believe they did not had sugar for the coffee... This is unacceptable... We paid the sodas and the sampler with the coupon and left the place. I can assure you that I would never go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Just to let you know that La Piedra restaurant changed administration not long ago, and just now (around July 2011) it changed again. It is now called "El Toro de Piedra" (The Stone Bull) and I understand it is now owned or managed by the owners of famous "La Vaca Brava" (in Barranquitas), which is characterized for serving humongous portions of food. I may visit it soon, so I'll write a complete review then, but for now you know that you can discard most of what is said in the previous reviews, except for the location and view which continues being the same.

(Please, don't take into account my overall rating (Average) as I had to mark something or the system wouldn't allow the review to go through.)

2  Thank LucianoQ
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Had the tostones with Churrasco appetizer wow very filling and the burger was very tasteful and the beer was cold my kind of place away from the city and the rush of it all excellent place for a romantic dinner.

1  Thank Edded1
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Lousy service and worst treatment. They have no idea how to run a Rest.

1  Thank Margot48