2,126 results
All reviews cottage suite half moon po lad private beach grand villa chef choms seafront cottage prana spa our honeymoon beach bistro the cottages outdoor bath fresh fruit golf buggies koh samui thai restaurant split level
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We stayed 3 nights in the Pool Cottage.

Nice:
1. The staff were all friendly, attentive and helpful. E.g.
(a) If they saw us walking and the buggy they drove is empty, they would always offer to give us a lift.
(b) We didnt mention anything but they found out about my birthday and presented us with a cake and champagne. It was indeed a plesant surprise and we thoroghly enjoyed the cake and champagne. As we were not able to finish the cake, they offered readily to send the remaining cake to our room.
(c) The servers at the restuarants were all very friendly and it sure made our meals very pleasant ones.
(d) At the beach, we were sitting at the sundeck chairs, and the staff would voluntarily brought the towels and cold refreshing water to us.
(e) We chatted with some staff and they readily offered us with suggestions on where to go. It was lovely chatting with Sakrai and another lady whom I didnt get her name. We took up their suggestions to Jungle Club and Chaweng. This was definitely extra and we appreciated them taking that extra step to provide values.

2. I love the breakfast spread. So sumptuous!! The freshly baked bread, homemade butter/yoghurt, etc made it so sinscere and enjoyable. Finger licking good with lots of choices! Oh, the fruits were all so sweet and yummy (love the mangoes!!).

3. Spa was lovely! We tried on 2 occasions and enjoyed it thoroughly both times. It didn't come cheap though and hence we were having high expectations. This was also the first time where I actually felt asleep during massages!! Booking of the spa was easy too.

4. We were well informed of the coming activities. A list of those activities was clearly stated and left in our room which was great as all info at one glance.

5. Arranging of transport was easy. Taking a cab back to resort was also easy and so far we didn't encounter issue such as the driver had no idea where was Tongsai Bay. Seemed like Tongsai Bay is quite popular. :)))

6. Clealiness is top-notched.

Pits:
3. The mozzies were driving me nuts. They were everywhere and even in the room. With the net down on the bed, we felt suffocated as it blocked the air-conditioning but if we put it up, we risked getting bitten. I came back with a few 'love bites". I didn't stay long in the outdoor bath as I could see the mozzie and was actually bitten while waiting for the water to fill up.

4. The pillows were too soft and thin. I didn't enjoy it.

5. Limited toiletries. No toothbrush, shaver, comb, etc.You need to bring your own.

6. Activities like yoga, thai boxing, etc were paid items. They didn't come cheap. For yoga, it was only conducted on Tues and Sat which somehow I missed it during my stay, and hence I didn't get to try.

7. Our room was decked between 2 rooms side by side and hence I found privacy lacking. In fact, I was able to peek into the next room's pool deck through the wooden "wall" (with little holes). Being so closed also meant your neighbour could hear you talking too (at the pool area).

In conclusion, it was an enjoyable and restful getaway which we much needed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oliviamummy
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I love this hotel so much! The room is spacious, large bathroom with great facitlities. The room I stayed (Beachfron Suites) is located on the ground floor, just a few steps from the main pool and beach. The beach is lovely and it's a private beach. All the staffs are super friendly. Breakfast was excellent, I especially loved the fresh juice at breakfast. I thought all 5* hotels in Thailand should have fresh juice for breakfast like at The Tongsai Bay. :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank JudyTran84
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Tongsai Bay is simply superb. The staff are warm and friendly and go out of their way to make your stay perfect and they are so friendly. Every room seems to offer privacy and are beautifully appointed with lovely bathrooms and every comfort you could wish for. Wi Fi is great and the pool areas are spacious and peaceful. The setting is stunning and rooms are spread out across the hillside which is forested offering an air of tranquility and calm.

Room Tip: The villa rooms are spacious and offer stunning bay views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank andrewfielding1967
Reviewed 28 June 2018

One of the best options in Samui for couples, honeymooners. Staffs are very welcoming & polite. Beach is one of the best on the island. They also do theme nights, fire show is one not to miss.Will surely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark00006
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is far better than my expectation with excellent service! The room is spacious, clean and comfortable (the bathroom is super comfy and large!!)
The swimming pool is amazing with crystal clear and warm water!
I particularly like the fireshow on the beach (every Saturday night), so impressive!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends