Absolutely fantastic accomodation in a lovely quiet part of Samui, just north of Chaweng. Currently known as 'Samui Beach Club' but we heard it is reverting to be 'Karma Samui' again which seems a good idea as much of the Karma branding remains and currently gives the impression of having something of an identity crisis. Don't let that put you off though - it really is worth going because the quality of the villas, gardens, staff and service are simply outstanding. The atmosphere is beautifully calm and sometimes it's like being there alone, as the beach (rocky, not good sand) and the communal pool were always deserted. Special mention must go to Su at reception and also to Gavin the restaurant manager and his staff who went to great lengths to accommodate our daughters compulsory gluten-free diet, even producing a special gluten-free menu for them. All his waiters and waitresses were great too, especially Akey and Aod. At Rockpool (the restaurant) the menu is extensive and the food superb - we eat from the tapas menu one night and it was some of the best food we've ever had anywhere. The cocktails are equally good and the lower terrace/bar must be one of the best spots in Samui to enjoy a twilight mojito. Some of the villas don't have a view other than of the roofs of the villas in front and initially we were a bit disappointed with that. However we were offered a view villa after 2 days but declined it as the courtyard with pool,sala and sunbeds wasn't as nice as ours. If we needed a view we just went to the main pool (deserted, as mentioned). Breakfasts were lovely too, off the menu rather than buffet style, which was a great touch. You can get to Chaweng easily enough if you must but we thought it was awful and preferred instead to get a taxi to Fishermans Village (Bohput) in the evening, where there is a nice selection of shops, beach bars and restaurants. If you are after peace and quiet in a quality place then this is it. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally-located, elegant, ocean-facing, over-sized pool villa retreat. Five minutes from both Koh Samui International Airport and Chaweng Beach. Choose from One to Three bedroom villas with minimum size of 400 square metres. Grand living area, private swimming pool, outdoor terrace and Thai-style sala (pavilion).Home to "Rock Pool" the iconic beachfront restaurant. Asian Wellness Centre with certified Wat Po Thai Massage therapist, Reiki treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kanda Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karma Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Karma Samui Koh
- Kanda Residences Ko Samui/Bophut